CC-800 with multiple accounts

This discussion was created from comments split from: One step update error CC-800.

Comments

• mjonis
    mjonis Member ✭✭
    I've been getting the same thing, but it's totally random. One day it starts throwing a CC-800 with one account. Keep doing the "fix it" (re-add) and it says it did it and keeps throwing the error. Then a week later, a different account throws the error. Fixit doesn't fix it. Now it's doing it on Citibank. The only "fix" to fix the broken accounts is to deactivate them and then reactivate. Now as to why Quicken keeps thinking that accounts have been deleted it beyond me. So far it's done it with my local credit union - SEFCU, my local bank - TrustCo, and now Citibank.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    mjonis said:
    I've been getting the same thing, but it's totally random. One day it starts throwing a CC-800 with one account. Keep doing the "fix it" (re-add) and it says it did it and keeps throwing the error. Then a week later, a different account throws the error. Fixit doesn't fix it. Now it's doing it on Citibank. The only "fix" to fix the broken accounts is to deactivate them and then reactivate. Now as to why Quicken keeps thinking that accounts have been deleted it beyond me. So far it's done it with my local credit union - SEFCU, my local bank - TrustCo, and now Citibank.
    Hello @mjonis,   

We apologize about these issues with online banking services and multiple CC-800 error messages. Thank you for alerting us to this here on the Quicken Community.

First, save a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Have you already followed the steps in this Support Article with regards to the CitiBank error messages you are now receiving? 

Let us know how this affected the situation, if you get the chance to check back in with us.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • mjonis
    mjonis Member ✭✭
    Yes, followed the steps, repeatedly. The error has come back again for Citibank, although it does appear it actually downloads transactions. Given that other users ALSO have this situation I can only conclude it's a bug with Quicken.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    mjonis said:
    Yes, followed the steps, repeatedly. The error has come back again for Citibank, although it does appear it actually downloads transactions. Given that other users ALSO have this situation I can only conclude it's a bug with Quicken.
    Hello @mjonis,   

Thanks for getting back to me with your results. We are sorry that this problem remains ongoing, even after deactivating your account's online banking services and then reactivating them. 

If you have already deactivated and reactivate the account featuring the exact steps listed in the previously-linked Support Article, and the issue is continuing, then I recommend that you reach out to Quicken Support. You can do this with the information provided in this link. They will need to document and troubleshoot this issue in greater details with the resources and tools uniquely available to them. I wish that I could provide a resolution from the Quicken Community, but this represents the next necessary step in addressing this issue.

I hope that this is helpful, and feel free to reach out with any further questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • binary512
    binary512 Member ✭✭
    Just spent two hours with Quicken support. Finally fixed after Deactivating the Ally accounts, Deleting the Bank Name and Account Number, doing a Super Validation on the file (probably not necessary), Logging Off (for AT LEAST 3 minutes before Logging on again), Logging On, Reactivating the Ally accounts.
    Make sure to stay logged off for AT LEAST 3 minutes. Longer if you can wait. I was told this gives the back-end processors at the bank time to process the Deactivated accounts. When I did not stay logged off long enough, the problem persisted. So stay logged off for a few minutes and hopefully it will fix it.
    I ran an Update after this and it was fixed.
  • M B
    M B Member ✭✭✭
    I have had similar issues.  Received error code 800 (account deleted/not found) on various accounts over several days.  However, when I attempted to reset or deactivate/reactivate I received a subsequent error code 503 (incorrect login credentials).  This issue has been persisting for several days.  Spent multiple hours with Support and could not resolve the issue, including doing the suggested fix shown above.  I can't even add these accounts in a new "Test" file as I keep getting the 503 error.  I have reported the issue multiple times via Report an Issue, and Support has escalated this issue for resolution but it's been days and no one has contacted me with a resolution or a status update.  This is affecting my Fidelity Rewards card (tried using both Elan and Fidelity Rewards links), Barclay cc, Ally Bank, and US Bank cc's.  My other accounts seem to be updating via OSU, but my Pen Fed accounts keep downloading already cleared transactions which I keep deleting.  No errors or issues are showing in the Validate/Super Validate results.  Quicken needs to fix this issue as there are apparently multiple users seeing this issue.
  • Kevin Miller
    Kevin Miller Member ✭✭✭
    Had the same problem with M&T Bank for weeks. Tried all suggestions above except for calling support. I changed to Direct Connect and problem was resolved. 
  • spratleywa
    spratleywa Member ✭✭✭
    I have had the same issue for Keesler Federal Credit Union and Goldman Sachs Marcus accounts for the past few weeks. Finally broke down and spent the weekend starting with the last good backup. As of COB yesterday it was working great. One Step Update was quick. As of this morning, the CC-800 errors for those accounts returned, and one step update has bogged down again.

It is my theory that OSU doesn't like files on cloud drives (mine is on OneDrive).
  • spratleywa
    spratleywa Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 23
    Nope. I restored a backup from yesterday that was working great to a local "C" drive folder. It looked good. I ran OSU, and it took about 15 minutes to crash with that notorious dump file error message. So, I cleared that file from my online account. Restored it. I reran OSU. The KFCU and Marcu CC-800s have returned and that "Quicken cannot process the selected date range..." error message has returned. Update: This error message was followed by the error message "Quicken encountered an error while communicating with our servers [HTTP-306]. Try again later. If the error persists, contact Quicken Support."

So, three different errors on good versions of the same dataset file with the last indicating the problem is with Quicken's servers.

• jljeeper
    jljeeper Member ✭✭
    Mine has been working fine since I disabled cloud sync. By the way I also use one drive and have been for several years without issue. Cloud sync seems to have a problem with large quicken files in my opinion. Long back up times and crashes