CC-800 with multiple accounts

Options
2»

Comments

• tr.goering
    tr.goering Member ✭✭
    Options

I am experiencing the CC-800 error at one of my banks linked within Quicken. I have six accounts at that bank; one is a business account that I do not want in Quicken. Otherwise, I have two checking, two savings, and one CD account at that bank. I just went through all the steps listed b binary512, except for this one:

Deleting the Bank Name and Account Number

I am not sure what this means. Can somebody assist me? Otherwise, I went through all the other steps, deactivating the accounts, closing Quicken, waiting five minutes, and then re-adding the accounts. That did not work. I will try deactivating the accounts and closing Quicken overnight before re-adding the accounts.

• MSStateDawg
    MSStateDawg Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Look in the General tab within the Account Details dialog.

Also, see this post.

• tr.goering
    tr.goering Member ✭✭
    Options

OK, I realize now that I can remove the banking info only after I deactivate the online service. I'll give that a whirl. Thanks for your prompt response; I appreciate it.

• tr.goering
    tr.goering Member ✭✭
    Options
    Well, I did everything as specified: unlinked the accounts, removed the bank information, and closed Quicken overnight. Next day I re-added the accounts. Today I updated, and still received the CC-800 error. Perhaps, just perhaps, Quicken could fix this? Please?
  • MSStateDawg
    MSStateDawg Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • tr.goering
    tr.goering Member ✭✭
    Options
    It appears that I missed a crucial step. Instead of signing out of Quicken overnight, I merely closed the data file overnight. I just re-did all the steps to unlink the accounts and remove the bank info, and then I signed out of Quicken and closed the file. I waited a few minutes, opened it back up and signed back in. I then re-linked my accounts, one by one, doing an update after each one. It appeared to work just fine. Fingers crossed.
  • MSStateDawg
    MSStateDawg Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Great. I had to leave my Quicken ID signed out overnight to resolve the issue. It probably varies with different financial institutions.

American Express vs. Alabama Hayseed Bank

• Peter Isakson
    Peter Isakson Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I've had a similar issue with CC-800, but the flagged accounts that need "fixing" are all accounts that were closed by me quite a long time ago (years). So it is not possible to deactivate and then reactivate their online services - they all have been closed in Quicken a long time. And it is not caused by OneDrive or other cloud services. I keep the .DAT file on the local C drive, not in any folder synced to any cloud service. I do direct the backup file to a OneDrive folder, which I do as backup every time I exit Quicken. That lets me use a second computer - I am careful to manually copy the backed-up file from OneDrive to the localized C drive location, renaming it to DAT in the process, and then open it there in Quicken (there is never any use of shared files in Quicken). So unless the process of, in effect, manually copying a file from one PC to another, or perhaps opening the backed up file after renaming it to .DAT, causes this, it appears to be a systematic and corrosive error in Quicken itself.

• Etupes25
    Etupes25 Member ✭✭
    Options
    The issue has been plaguing my Quicken files for several weeks now. One day, one or more accounts throw off a cc-800 error. I deactivate, re-activate the account, and it goes away for a while. A few days later, another account fails. It has failed repeatedly with Citibank, where it was telling me it was missing an account (there is indeed an old credit card there, but this account is not closed, just not activated). It has also failed repeatedly with Synchrony Amazon Card, where there is no old account.
    I did validate and super validate the file, I tried to log in and log out of Quicken to refresh the tokens. It seems that logging in and out might trigger the issue.
    Sometimes, all the accounts start failing in a row. I fix it temporarily but deactivating and reactivate ALL the accounts.
    This is crazy and make Quicken a pain to use.
    I would not recommend anybody to start using Quicken these days. Too many issues with online services from simple account updates to online bills.
  • karen m
    karen m Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I too am getting this cc-800 with my First Financial Bank accounts. It seems to happen every time we have to update the password which they make us do. for this bank quicken does not allow you to update the password in the vault but does it online and it seems to work but then shortly thereafter it throws this error and says an account is missing or has been deleted which is never the case. Quite frustrating and each time I have to come here to figure out how to get them working again. The suggested fix by Quicken never works. The instructions I get is that you need to switch to direct connect but then it gives an error when trying to do so and just says it's not your fault. Great, whose fault is it then cause I'd like to know. Anyway, going to deactivate and reactivate AGAIN even though the instructions online never say to do that. It has seemed this has worked for me in the past but annoying that every few months have to do it again. Why don't they fix this issue or have better help information since so many seem to keep having this?

• Stan-Gspeedy
    Stan-Gspeedy Member ✭✭
    Options

Since update R50.15 I've been having numerous problems: CC-800 incorrectly listed for accounts at multiple institutions,accounts not downloading but also not showing any errors., and Bill Reminders clogging up transaction registers. Quicken Support said Validate/repair and Supervalidate, and/or to restore backup, but these didn't fix anything. I don't now if Quicken support reads these discussions, but if they don't, what's the purpose of these discussions? R50.15 was a disaster.

• kwh
    kwh Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you Quicken Kristina! I've spent hours on this issue over the last several months, and your instructions here are the only think that has worked. Since I have 20+ accounts at the same bank, this has been especially frustrating. The key step I had been missing in my past attempts is the Quicken cloud reset & then signing out by selecting "login as a different user".

To recap:

1. Deactivate every account from the same bank.
    2. Delete the financial name and account from each of those accounts
    3. Turn on cloud sync (if off) and reset cloud data
    4. Select "login as a different user" and wait 5 minutes
    5. Login to Quicken
    6. Re-add all of the accounts, being sure to link the accounts found online to the de-activated accounts in Quicken.

Thanks!!!

• jacksocj
    jacksocj Member ✭✭
    Options

I too am now having cc800 errors for a single bank with multiple accounts. These have all been long established accounts, never deactivated; no backup restored. None of that, yet failed updates for this bank's accounts. Quicken please fix. This is not a case of a backup file being used without activated accounts listed.

• dalehawaii
    dalehawaii Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I had the same CC-800 issue with a Discover Card account, and I called Quicken support. They told me to wait a few days to see if the CC-800 would disappear, which I did…with no luck…

I finally found this page and followed the directions to deactivate and delete financial name/account number, but I believe the additional steps to: reset cloud sync, log out via login as a different user, close Quicken, wait 5 (I waited 15 minutres and shut down my computer), start up the computer and then Quicken, log in to the Quicken account, and using Tools>Add Account but use link to existing account via the affected account worked well to solve the issue. So, many thanks!

Quicken user since 1996
    Quicken Home & Business Subscription
This discussion has been closed.