USAA

2»

Comments

• TACAMO80
    TACAMO80 Member

I have not been able to down load credit card transaction from USAA since 5 March. Transactions from 3 March still show category pending but they did down load.

Trying for 7 days to down load now and spent hours trying to get down load to work.

• @TACAMO80 I hear you on the joys of spending HOURS trying to get USAA downloads to work with Quick, not knowing whether or not it's your own problem that is fixable or if it is something on Quicken/USAA's backend. Super frustrating especially when paying an annual fee to Quicken.

• ZLR
    ZLR Member

I've been dealing with the same issue for past two weeks as well. However, USAA has sent me emails saying “Quicken Now Connected to USAA Account.” I attempted switching from Chrome to Edge based on some tips from the users here, but no dice. The lastest update from Quicken is it's still being worked on and there is no ETA for resolution.

• TACAMO80
    TACAMO80 Member

I just got off the line with USAA technical support. They were unable to fix the transaction down load problem for my credit card. They did not do anything that I didn't try several times already.

They were going to try Direct Connect rather than Express Web Connect + but the Advanced link for establishing the connection type does not allow any kind of selection option. It just takes me directly to the USAA Express Web Connect + login in for USAA to establish that type of connection.

So they say, contact Quicken for help. I had this problem say three times before, usually when a system change has been made by either USAA or Quicken.

• tfbjr25
    tfbjr25 Member ✭✭

Has USAA said how the Pending Category will update? This was helpful because at least I can understand why transactions have not been downloading. What I don't understand is why they say Pending Category or why I can't go on USAA and change that.

• tfbjr25
    tfbjr25 Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken Jasmine said:
    > Hello @Nextvacation86,
    >
    > Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community with this question. 
    >
    > We do still have an ongoing alert regarding USAA members being unable to download transactions. You may follow this link to access that alert where you may bookmark it in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur. 
    >
    > I apologize for the inconvenience caused in the meantime. 

I can't follow the link. Is this issue still being pursued?
  • jmbuyske
    jmbuyske Member ✭✭✭
    To tfbjr25: I put in a ticket with USAA on 10 March to see what can be done with those transactions that appear as "Category Pending". We will see if there is any action this week.
  • B Nenn
    B Nenn Member

Same here… last successful download from USAA Visa was 3/5/23

• jmbuyske
    jmbuyske Member ✭✭✭
    As of this morning (14 March), USAA has removed all the "Category Pending" categories on posted transactions in the credit card accounts. Downloads now working.
  • CWSolomon
    CWSolomon Member
    edited April 2023

Quicken keeps cycling me through the "Update Your Connection" process, and I keep getting messages that everything works, but nothing changes and I can't actually download any of my accounts, including my non-USAA accounts. If this is not resolved promptly I'll be taking my business to Quickbooks or elsewhere.

[Removed-Personal Information]

• jswafa
    jswafa Member ✭✭✭

@CWSolomon - Are you using Chrome? If so, I posted this earlier in this thread - maybe it will help.

• motjebben
    motjebben Member ✭✭
    I am still having the very same cycling problem using Edge.
  • jswafa
    jswafa Member ✭✭✭

I'm sorry to hear that! This shouldn't be this hard . . .

• ZLR
    ZLR Member

Thanks JsWata for the tip. However, I tried Edge with no luck as well. And Quiken still have no asnwers although whenever I attempt the connect, I alwasy get an email from USAA saying it's connected. I'm used Quicken for over 20 years and I'm just about ready to pull the plug.

• jswafa
    jswafa Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

I was getting exactly the same thing - the emails from USAA - but still the same notice from Quicken updates. Did you actually change your default browser, at least temporarily, for this? I tried just pasting the url into Edge and that didn't work. It only finally worked after I changed my default browser in Windows (and rebooted).

• motjebben
    motjebben Member ✭✭
    Thank you jswafa for the tips! In my case, I don't even have another browser besides Edge!
  • jswafa
    jswafa Member ✭✭✭

@motjebben - maybe worth trying another one? Could be that the change is what works, not the specific browser. Just guessing . . .

• KeyJusCha
    KeyJusCha Member

I had the same issue and after hours on the phone with tech support they came to the same conclusion, "known issue, working on it" and I'm on a PC, so it isn't your Mac. Hope they fix it soon, or Quicken will loose my business. I tried the browser change, but regardless it says {

"error": "invalid_request",

"error_description": "Validation error"

}

• leaf001
    leaf001 Member

Any updates from Quicken? Still unable to download banking info..

• David36
    David36 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Also looking help here. I've been trying to reauthorize for weeks, but keep getting the errors described here:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7930768/ongoing-3-20-23-usaa-invalid-request-validation-error-during-account-migration-attempt

However, the update on 31 March says that it's been fixed, but I'm still getting the same error.

{
    "error": "invalid_request",
    "error_description": "Validation error"
    }

Note: I also tried changing default browsers, and it allowed me to do the reauthorization, but nothing downloaded into my USAA account. I found that it linked to a different account (event though I confirmed which one it should link to) and messed it up. I had to redo it a few times to finally get it to work... and then go back and fix the other account.
  • I'm having the same problem with downloading my account information from USAA. This is several months after losing the ability to download account information for my bank. So now Quicken is just about useless. I think it is just too old. If you want to change programs, there are lots of better ones. Quicken apparently won't let me post the links, but Google best Quicken alternatives.

• stevensj
    stevensj Member

I still cannot download USAA — what is up with this……..terrible service from Quicken. When will this issue be resolved. Is there something I can do in the meantime. Hello Quicken are you listening?

• motjebben
    motjebben Member ✭✭
    edited April 2023
    > @motjebben said:
    > Still failing:
    >

I'm still having the very same problems that I posted screenshots for on March 14th: USAA indicates Quicken connected and is authorized, but Quicken indicates the accounts were not added because of timeout.

Have there been any updates on this issue?

Even a "we at Quicken are still aware of this issue" would be helpful....
  • Slight variation. After I validated my accounts with USAA to share with Quicken, the returned data for the Visa account was aligned to another bank account and would NOT let me match to the USAA account with out "add a new account" option.

• dwan
    dwan Member ✭✭
    I have had the same experience as Mike O and share morjebben's frustration and wish that Quicken would address or at least acknowledge this 60-day issue.
  • motjebben
    motjebben Member ✭✭
    Essentially a month later, and it is still failing for me as I've outlined multiple times above. USAA indicates accounts authorized successfully; I get emails from USAA indicating so, and posts at their website, but Quicken indicates "... sign in filed due to time out or a connection error."
This discussion has been closed.