Expense categories only offer income categories to be selected when try to make the subcategories.

I am trying to adjust how I budget my rental expenses. To do this, I would like to make certain rental expense categories a subcategory of a new "budget" category I have created. That way I can just create a budget for the new category and not all of its subs. The issue is when I try to go and change the old rental expense categories from being expense categories to being a "subcategory of", I am only offered income categories in the drop-down list. There are no expense categories shown. I see all sorts of income categories, including both rental property income and personal income, but not a single expense category. Why would this be? It should either show only expense categories or all categories in my mind. Is this just a glitch, or am I missing something?
Tagged:

Comments

• Sorry that title is horrendous. I should have checked it before posting...woops.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you show us image snapshots of what you have done so far and what you are trying to do?
    You cannot (or should not) have a parent category with mixed income and expense subcategories.
    I recommend staying with the default category groups of Rental Property Income and Rental Property Expense.
  • johnjelinek
    johnjelinek Member ✭✭
    I am having the same problem today.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am having the same problem today.
    Can you show us? Create a screen snapshot, save it to a PNG, JPG or GIF file and then, using Windows File Explorer, drag and drop the file into your next comment on this webpage.

• jayden
    jayden Member
    "Subcategory of" showing only income accounts, no expense accounts.
  • JBMDenver
    JBMDenver Member ✭✭
    where is the solution - I never get expenses either - only Income which somehow has changed recently