How do I add additional breaks in my account list to separate my assets, properties, lia, etc?

Options
JMC1040
JMC1040 Member ✭✭
I see checking and savings together, and would like each to sub-total.
Property and debt is one total, but I would like property and assets, loans and liabilities, credit cards each sub-totalled.
I just got disconnected from a phone call about this, and they suggested I move the accounts up or down. That does not help when you need separate classifications with totals. So how can I do this (or can it be done).

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @JMC1040,

Unfortunately, you won't be able to get any sub-totals in the Account Bar.  Quicken is just not designed / programed to produce subtotals, except the broad ones for Banking, Investing, Property & Debt, Business, etc.  Yes, you can move certain accounts to different places within those broad categories, but I doubt that will get you where you want to go.

What you can do, however is use the reporting function in Quicken to produce reports for the items you want to see.  Yes, I understand that that would require more steps, such as setting up the reports, and then running the reports, as opposed to just seeing them in the account bar.  But once you setup the report or reports you want to see, running them isn't all that time consuming.  You may also find that some of the standard reports will be sufficient for your purposes and so you might not have to customize much.

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @JMC1040,

Unfortunately, you won't be able to get any sub-totals in the Account Bar.  Quicken is just not designed / programed to produce subtotals, except the broad ones for Banking, Investing, Property & Debt, Business, etc.  Yes, you can move certain accounts to different places within those broad categories, but I doubt that will get you where you want to go.

What you can do, however is use the reporting function in Quicken to produce reports for the items you want to see.  Yes, I understand that that would require more steps, such as setting up the reports, and then running the reports, as opposed to just seeing them in the account bar.  But once you setup the report or reports you want to see, running them isn't all that time consuming.  You may also find that some of the standard reports will be sufficient for your purposes and so you might not have to customize much.

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sorry, but it's not possible to further sub-divide the Account List.
    You might try starting an IDEA thread around this topic to see if other's share your wish

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Try adding snapshots to a custom Home tab view. If I recall correctly, there are snapshots for each type of account. If not, many snapshots can be added to a Home tab view and customized individually to show the accounts you want to see.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.