Quick Pay simply never seems to work

First of all, it took me over a month for Quicken to finally connect to and get the bill for my Citi credit card. Then it finally did and I was happy to see that it was connected, that it got the correct amount, minimum payment etc. But then I did a Quick Pay... and nothing. Says processing for three days. Went to the Citi site and of course no payment was sent. Just nothing happened. All I could do was cancel the Quick Pay payment in Quicken and make the payment through the Citi website.

Has Quick Pay ever worked for anyone?

Comments

• JasonPerrone
    JasonPerrone Member ✭✭
    edited January 25
    [Removed - Rant]
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quick Pay seems to have worked for many, for a long a time, until the banks started to convert to a new "improved security" method ...

If your bank recently required you to reauthorize your checking account and/or your bank has changed from "Direct Connect" to either "Express Web Connect" or "Express Web Connect+" you can no longer use Online Bill Pay direct to the bank or Quicken Bill Manager's Quick Pay function. The bank no longer supports this function through Quicken.

You have these alternatives:

1. Use Quicken Bill Manager's Check Pay making sure to submit payment early enough (at least  3 weeks before due date) to allow time for delivery and processing.
    2. Logon to the bank's website and schedule your bill pay payments from the bank. In parallel to that, in Quicken use a regular Scheduled Reminder to record your payment. Repeat every time another payment is due.
    3. Logon to the biller's website once and set up their Autopay, APS, Direct debit, etc. to make the current payment and all future payments on Due Date directly from your checking account. In parallel to that, in Quicken use a regular Scheduled Reminder to record your payments before they come due.
    4. Write (or print with Quicken) a paper check and mail it to the biller, making sure to mail payment early enough (about 10 days before due date) to allow time for delivery and processing.

I've been using a variation of method #3 for decades, since before the Internet and dial-up were even invented. It's easy to get used to this process. And I have yet to miss a single payment.

• JasonPerrone
    JasonPerrone Member ✭✭
    > @UKR said:
    > Quick Pay seems to have worked for many, for a long a time, until the banks started to convert to a new "improved security" method ...If your bank
    > recently required you to reauthorize your checking account and/or your bank has
    > changed from "Direct Connect" to either "Express Web
    > Connect" or "Express Web Connect+" you can no longer use Online
    > Bill Pay direct to the bank or Quicken Bill Manager's Quick Pay function. The
    > bank no longer supports this function through Quicken.
    >
    > You have these
    > alternatives:
    >
    > * Use Quicken Bill Manager's
    > Check Pay making sure to submit payment early enough (at least  3 weeks before due date) to allow time
    > for delivery and processing.
    > * Logon to the bank's website
    > and schedule your bill pay payments from the bank. In parallel to that, in
    > Quicken use a regular Scheduled Reminder to record your payment. Repeat
    > every time another payment is due.
    > * Logon to the biller's website
    > once and set up their Autopay, APS, Direct debit, etc. to make the current
    > payment and all future payments on Due Date directly from your checking
    > account. In parallel to that, in Quicken use a regular Scheduled Reminder
    > to record your payments before they come due.
    > * Write (or print with Quicken)
    > a paper check and mail it to the biller, making sure to mail payment early
    > enough (about 10 days before due date) to allow time for delivery and
    > processing.
    >
    > I've been using a
    > variation of method #3 for decades, since before the Internet and dial-up were
    > even invented. It's easy to get used to this process. And I have yet to miss a
    > single payment.

Thank you, that is helpful. At least I know I am not doing anything wrong. I've been paying this bill through the website for decades, so no big deal for me to keep doing that. Just thought QuickPay sounded cool...
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, that is helpful. At least I know I am not doing anything wrong. I've been paying this bill through the website for decades, so no big deal for me to keep doing that. Just thought QuickPay sounded cool...
    It was cool ... and then the banks started throwing monkey wrenches into the works ... :-(