Why does Quicken suddenly ask for MFA after every update?

I used to have Quicken setup to download Venmo transactions without constantly MFA challenges, but recently it starteed asking for MFA with every update. How do I get it back to not asking every time I do an update?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    I used to have Quicken setup to download Venmo transactions without constantly MFA challenges, but recently it starteed asking for MFA with every update. How do I get it back to not asking every time I do an update?
    Hello @Scott Lindner,   

We are sorry about this frustration with Multi-Factor Authentication. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, save a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then proceed through the instructions listed below:
    1. Click on the account name in the bar down the side of Quicken Mac
    2. Click the Settings gear icon in the bottom-right corner
    3. Click the Downloads tab
    4. Click the Disconnect account button
    5. Click Done

Important: If you are deactivating/reactivating an account to resolve an issue, you will need to deactivate all the accounts with that affected financial institution that you have activated in Quicken (including hidden ones). Once they are all deactivated, then you can follow the steps to reactivate.

Next, when you Reactivate your accounts, do so by navigating to the Add Account option in the Tools menu at the top of the screen, or the button denoted by the '+' symbol in the upper area of the left-hand panel of the screen, and type in the name of your financial institution. Proceed with selecting the institution name and entering your credentials, but be sure to choose to LINK your accounts when prompted, rather than adding them. 

Let us know how this works.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Joseph
    Joseph Member ✭✭
    Venmo is requiring a text verification every time I do an online sync, it's super annoying. Is this something I set up in Venmo?
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Joseph said:
    Venmo is requiring a text verification every time I do an online sync, it's super annoying. Is this something I set up in Venmo?
    Hello @Joseph,   

We are sorry that you seem to be affected by this issue, as well. Thank you for inquiring about this on the Quicken Community.

Were you able to try to make use of the instructions provided above? Let us know about your results, if so.

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • > @"Quicken Jared" said:
    > Hello @"Scott Lindner",   
    >
    > We are sorry about this frustration with Multi-Factor Authentication. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community.
    >
    > First, save a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then proceed through the instructions listed below:* Click on the account name in the bar down the side of Quicken Mac
    > * Click the Settings gear icon in the bottom-right corner
    > * Click the Downloads tab
    > * Click the Disconnect account button
    > * Click Done
    >
    > Important: If you are deactivating/reactivating an account to resolve an issue, you will need to deactivate all the accounts with that affected financial institution that you have activated in Quicken (including hidden ones). Once they are all deactivated, then you can follow the steps to reactivate.
    >
    > Next, when you Reactivate your accounts, do so by navigating to the Add Account option in the Tools menu at the top of the screen, or the button denoted by the '+' symbol in the upper area of the left-hand panel of the screen, and type in the name of your financial institution. Proceed with selecting the institution name and entering your credentials, but be sure to choose to LINK your accounts when prompted, rather than adding them. 
    >
    > Let us know how this works.
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Quicken Jared 

Hi Jared,

I followed these instructions, and it's still prompting me to verify with 2FA every time I sync the feed. Any further advice? It's a problem for me because my husband's Venmo has a different phone number attached, and he's not always available to give me the number when I need to work on our financials.
  • Hello @emilyweibrecht,

Thanks for joining this thread and sharing that you are also experiencing this issue. 

Due to the previous troubleshooting steps having failed, we recommend that you reach out to Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real time and escalate the situation if needed. 

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that we could not be of more assistance. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.