Enter monthly transactions a year in advance

Options
John Chaney
John Chaney Member
edited March 2023 in Investing (Windows)
For many years I have gone through the task of entering all of my monthly payments to utilities and such into my credit card account in Quicken. It takes a few hours to do this. Is there a method of doing this automatically but selecting one transaction and having it duplicate it for the same day of the month for however many months I choose?

I just tried the reminders option but it didn't show the transaction in the register.

I like to see the entries in advance so I know where I stand and to be able to make budgeting decisions quickly. Thanks for any guidance.

Best Answer

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You can show future dated transactions and reminders in the account register by clicking the, admittedly faint, clock icon at the top of the register and selecting how far in advance you want the reminders to appear.  Mine is set for 30 days.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You can show future dated transactions and reminders in the account register by clicking the, admittedly faint, clock icon at the top of the register and selecting how far in advance you want the reminders to appear.  Mine is set for 30 days.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• John Chaney
    Options
    Thank you. I've been using Quicken for 30 years and never noticed that clock.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Also try working with the Bills & Income tab's Projected Balances view.
    Customized to show the accounts you're interested in and the proper Date Range, you'll be able to see where all these Scheduled Reminders take you to.
    Ad hoc, unscheduled transactions which you can't plan in advance are, of course not part the projection.
  • John Chaney
    Options
    Thank you. I only use maybe 5% of what Quicken can do.
This discussion has been closed.