Quicken Mac downloads stopped working, version 6.11.1

jmvidal
jmvidal Member ✭✭
I just tried to "update online accounts" and I'm getting the error:

"This version of Quicken cannot use connected services. Please click “Check for Updates” to install the latest version of Quicken."

I did that and it says:

"You’re up-to-date! Quicken 6.11.1 is currently the newest version available."

I tried quit and restart quicken several times. Same error.

What is going on?

Comments

• jmvidal
    jmvidal Member ✭✭
    I will add that it worked last month, and every month before that.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    jmvidal said:
    I just tried to "update online accounts" and I'm getting the error:

"This version of Quicken cannot use connected services. Please click “Check for Updates” to install the latest version of Quicken."

I did that and it says:

"You’re up-to-date! Quicken 6.11.1 is currently the newest version available."

I tried quit and restart quicken several times. Same error.

What is going on?
    Hello @jmvidal

We are sorry to hear about these issues with online banking services, and with software updates. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community.

You may attempt to uninstall the software by making use of the instructions provided here, then waiting 5 seconds or so and reinstalling it using these instructions.

Let us know how this works; I hope to offer further recommendations, if necessary.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • jmvidal
    jmvidal Member ✭✭
    I did that. It actually installs version 6.10, then I have to update that, so it goes to 6.11.1

and, the problem remains the same.
  • jmvidal
    jmvidal Member ✭✭
    This message https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7927889/error-message-with-quicken-6-11-2-macos-12-6-re-connected-services mentions a mac version 6.11.3

but, my quicken tells me the latest version is 6.11.1

is this a problem at your server? What is the latest version?
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @jmvidal

When I download a fresh copy of QMac from my quicken.com account, I get version 6.11.3 which is the current version. 

Did you delete Quicken.app from your Mac before downloading the fresh install?
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • jmvidal
    jmvidal Member ✭✭
    Not me. I went to https://myaccount.quicken.com/main?show-downloads=1&client=web&site=us&domain=https://www.quicken.com and downloaded that one. Deleted Quicken. Installed the new .dmg

.rw-r--r--@ 3.2M jmvidal 30 Jan 10:39 Quicken.dmg
    MD5 (Quicken.dmg) = 153c84777a862ebe1d6833963abe6226

When I run it the first time it complains because it is 6.10 and trying to read a 6.11 file, so it asks be to click to update. I update it. It updates to 6.11.1 and the same problem.

Is there a direct link to this 6.11.3 version?
  • RickO
    edited January 2023
    Well that is strange. Can we assume your subscription is current?

I'm wondering if the copy you are running is not the one in your Applications folder you just installed.

Try this: launch Quicken. Cancel the update prompt. Then in the dock, right click on Quicken, choose Options > Show In Finder. Does that take you to the top-level Applications folder? If you do a Get Info on that Quicken.app, what version does it show?
  • jmvidal
    jmvidal Member ✭✭
    yes it is.
  • jmvidal
    jmvidal Member ✭✭
    Also, yes, I am running the Quicken from the Applications folder. The "Show in finder" shows that it is that one. Also tried launching it directly from the Applications folder.
  • jmvidal
    jmvidal Member ✭✭
    Get info shows 6.11.1
  • jmvidal
    jmvidal Member ✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Here are some screenshots of what I see, note how it always refers to 6.11.1 as the latest version:
  • Quicken Jared
    jmvidal said:
    yes it is.
    Hello @jmvidal,    

We do apologize that these issues are continuing, but thank you for continuing to speak with us.

Can you confirm what Mac OS you are currently operating the software with?

Also, with respect to the "This Quicken version cannot use connected services" error message, save a backup by navigating to File > Save a Backup... then follow the steps provided below:
      • Navigate to the Quicken dropdown menu
      • Sign Out...
      • Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 
      • Follow the prompts to be taken back to your data file after signing in
    Let us know how this works; I look forward to hearing more from you about this. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • jmvidal
    jmvidal Member ✭✭
    Hmmm, under the Settings menu, the "Connected Services", "Mobile..", and "Messages & Offers" all show the error: "Quicken could not verify the connection to Quicken Cloud".

How do I reset that connection? I have not used this "quicken cloud". I just use my local file.
  • jmvidal
    jmvidal Member ✭✭
    I tried "Sign out" and sign back in again as per above, problem remains.

Here is my mac info: 2021 14inch macbook pro, M1.
  • RickO
    jmvidal said:
    Also, yes, I am running the Quicken from the Applications folder. The "Show in finder" shows that it is that one. Also tried launching it directly from the Applications folder.
    Just want to clarify... there are two Applications folders. One at the top level HardDrive>Applications and one in your user directory HD>Users>username>Applications. It is the first one where you deleted Quicken.app and reinstalled from the .dmg download, right?

If so, can you repeat this process and before even launching Quicken, navigate to HD>Applicaitons>Quicken.app and do a Get Info. See what version is reported. If it is 6.11.1 then it seems your quicken.com account is serving up the wrong version. I think if that's the case, you will need to contact Support to see what's going on with your account.
  • jmvidal
    jmvidal Member ✭✭
    Yes, I only use the root folder: /Applications/Quicken.app

The /Users/jmvidal/Applications/ folder does not have and has never had Quicken in it.
  • jmvidal
    jmvidal Member ✭✭
    Ok, it works after it updated to 6.11.3

I kept doing "check for updates" all day today and it kept saying that 6.11.1 was the latest. Then I realized the problem. I turned on my VPN to make it seem like I am in Miami and, boom, it updates to 6.11.3.

The problem was your server was serving me 6.11.1. Your CDN is out of whack.
  • Quicken Jared
    jmvidal said:
    Ok, it works after it updated to 6.11.3

I kept doing "check for updates" all day today and it kept saying that 6.11.1 was the latest. Then I realized the problem. I turned on my VPN to make it seem like I am in Miami and, boom, it updates to 6.11.3.

The problem was your server was serving me 6.11.1. Your CDN is out of whack.
    Hello @jmvidal,     

Thanks so much for getting back to us with these newest developments. I am glad to hear that the situation seems to have been resolved, and I appreciate this information about the VPN; this may prove helpful in the future.

Have a great day, and please feel free reach out if you have any other questions or concerns. 

Regards,

Quicken Jared 
  • Just ran into this same problem running 6.11.2 (Build 611.47329.100) and it would not show any updates.

Thanks @jmvidal for the VPN tip. I turned my VPN on and Quicken was immediately able to see the update for 6.11.3 (Build 611.47347.100) and that solved my connected services issue.

So, it would appear that Orlando is not seeing the latest update. Definitely appears to be some issue with your update network not showing the latest version for I presume only some regions.
This discussion has been closed.