As with other users, trying to access Bills and Income for Quicken for mac crashes

Options
When selecting the Bills and Income tab on the latest version of quicken for Mac, causes Quicken to crash. I have done a complete removal and reinstall and the issue still happens.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Options
    When selecting the Bills and Income tab on the latest version of quicken for Mac, causes Quicken to crash. I have done a complete removal and reinstall and the issue still happens.
    Hello @Downtownbuftech

We are sorry about this problem with crashing when trying to access certain menu options. Thank you for looking to the Quicken Community for assistance.

First, where is your current active data file located? You can check this by navigating to File > Show "(Data File name will be listed here)" in Finder... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Make sure that your data file is located on the computer and not an external drive or cloud-based storage service, as these locations can cause erratic behavior and even data damage.

When did this begin? Have you tried restoring from a recent backup? We recommend saving backups frequently by navigating to File > Save a Backup... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Provided that this has been done often, you should be able to restore from a backup that was saved just prior to when this issue emerged by navigating to File > Restore from backup... in the same menu. I am curious about whether or not this problem continues in the restored file.  

Let us know how this works.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Downtownbuftech
    Options
    Hi Jared,

I have tried this. The issue is specific to that mac. But since others have seen this same issue, it does not appear to be just my specific mac but others as well. Quicken support says they are 100% convinced it is not their software. But they refuse to provide any data to support that
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Downtownbuftech,   

We are sorry that this issue remains after restoring backups. Thanks for continuing to speak with us about this.

If you have the chance, it would help us to troubleshoot the situation if you could save a backup by going to File > Save a Backup... in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open and then create a new 'test' data file by following the steps listed below:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Select New
    3. Select Start from scratch
    4. Click Next
    5. Click Next
    6. Choose Don't use Quicken Mobile & Web
    7. Click Next 
    Now, navigate to the Bills & Income tab, and see if the issue with crashes continues.

We look forward to your response. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • RNALowe
    RNALowe Member ✭✭
    Options
    I don’t believe the Bills & Income crashing problem is limited to Mac Quicken. I use the Windows version and every time I try to click on the Bills & Income tab, it crashes out. This even right after a successful Validate & Repair of the QDF file. It also crashes if I try to use the Dashboard tab of the Home tab instead of the Start tab. I have been forced to pay bills using web pay and app pay from my various billers, which, truthfully, is almost as fast as using Quicken Quick-pay and Check-pay, and certainly more reliable.
  • Downtownbuftech
    Options
    > @"Quicken Jared" said:
    > @Downtownbuftech,   
    >
    > We are sorry that this issue remains after restoring backups. Thanks for continuing to speak with us about this.If you have the chance, it would help us to troubleshoot the situation if you could save a backup by going to File > Save a Backup... in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open and then create a new 'test' data file by following the steps listed below:
    >
    > * Navigate to File
    > * Select New
    > * Select Start from scratch
    > * Click Next
    > * Click Next
    > * Choose Don't use Quicken Mobile & Web
    > * Click Next 
    >
    > Now, navigate to the Bills & Income tab, and see if the issue with crashes continues.
    >
    > We look forward to your response. 
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Quicken Jared 

This was done with Quicken on the phone and stilled crashed.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    RNALowe said:
    I don’t believe the Bills & Income crashing problem is limited to Mac Quicken. I use the Windows version and every time I try to click on the Bills & Income tab, it crashes out.
    The Mac and Windows programs, their code, their database are so significantly different that I don't think there's any way this is related; it's much more likely to be a coincidence. On the Mac product, it's not affecting a large number of people, because many, many users utilize this screen. Until the Mac development team looks at crash reports from the small number of users experiencing this problem and tries to hunt down the cause, I don't thin any of us here can offer insight into what's going on. There simply should not be crashes, and with most software companies, crashing problems are jumped to the top of the priority list. I would think the moderators would reach out to the development team to alert them to this issue, and would want to gather data (like a sanitized version of your data file) to try to hunt it down. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.