payee name is messed up (Q Mac)

Options
Since the beginning of this year, when I go to download transactions from my institutions, the payee name is unreadable. For example, instead of saying Dominion Energy, it says Type: Web pmts id: ... what happened? How can I get legible payee names so I know who I am paying money to?

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Click on one of those transactions, and select View > Show Inspector. What is the Statement Payee name at the bottom — correct or not? 

And: is this happening in one account, or more than one account?
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Lori L.
    Lori L. Member
    Options
    Still did not show me the name of the payee, just the same numbers. It is only happening to one account. A checking account.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 2023
    Options
    So the “Statement Payee” at the bottom of the Inspector window shows the messed up name? The “Statement Payee” is exactly what Quicken receives from the financial institution, so this tells you conclusively that this isn’t a Quicken problem, but the financial institution is sending those incorrect payee names. You’ll need to contact technical support for your financial institution. They made some programming change which they’ll need to fix.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.