Missing AMEX Accounts

Options
I am new to Quicken. I added my AMEX only 1 of my 2 cards showed up. I have tried deleting the account and re-adding but it still only shows one. The card that is not showing up is a Marriott Bonvoy card.

Any idea how to get it added?
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I am new to Quicken. I added my AMEX only 1 of my 2 cards showed up. I have tried deleting the account and re-adding but it still only shows one. The card that is not showing up is a Marriott Bonvoy card.

Any idea how to get it added?
    Hello @KansasBBQKing,    

We are sorry about this issue with online banking services. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community. 

First, is there any way you could provide screenshots of what you're seeing - with personal information redacted as necessary? You can follow the steps explained in this FAQ in order to do this. Also note that you may drag and drop your images into your comment in order to submit images, as well.

We look forward to your response. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • KansasBBQKing
    Options
  • Quicken Jared
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Here you go
    Hello @KansasBBQKing,     

We are sorry that this problem remains ongoing, and thank you for providing that helpful screenshot. 

If you have the chance, it would help us to troubleshoot the situation if you could save a backup by going to File > Save a Backup... in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open and then create a new 'test' data file by following the steps listed below:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Select New
    3. Select Start from scratch
    4. Click Next
    5. Click Next
    6. Choose Don't use Quicken Mobile & Web
    7. Click Next 

You may then add your American Express-affiliated accounts in the newly created data file by by navigating to the Add Account button in the Accounts menu in the upper left-hand side of the screen, or in the upper central-left hand side denoted by the '+' symbol then choosing your financial institution and entering your credentials as prompted. I am curious whether or not these issues continue in this data file. Let us know about your results, if you get the chance to check back in with us.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • KansasBBQKing
    Options
    Hi thanks for the help. And yes, the same experience.
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    Hi thanks for the help. And yes, the same experience.
    Hello @KansasBBQKing,   

We are sorry that this issue is continuing. Thank you for letting us know about your results.

Do you know what the Connection Type is? You should be able to identify this by clicking on the Advanced button once you have selected 'American Express' as an instance after using the search bar in the Add Account window. This last piece of information will tell us more about the servers involved in the connection.

I look forward to your answer.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • KansasBBQKing
    Options
    OH! That fixed it! I just changed the connection type! Thank you!
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    OH! That fixed it! I just changed the connection type! Thank you!
    Hello @KansasBBQKing,  

Thanks so much for taking the time to let us know how things turned out. I am glad that changing the Connection Type seems to have resolved the issue. Knowing that this appears to have been a key step is very helpful information.

Have a great day, and feel free to reach out again with any other questions or concerns!

Best wishes, 

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.