Can I switch from Quicken for Mac to Quicken for Windows w/o paying again?

Options
Since Quicken for Mac took away the ability to connect to a single account -- and now logs in to every account I have whenever I want to transmit a single bill payment-- I'm looking for alternatives. If the Windows version is better, I'd consider switching.

Does anyone know if the Windows version still allows connection to update a single account and if I can switch from the Mac version to the Windows version without paying again?
Tagged:

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First off, based on recent posts in the Quicken Mac categories it seems that in the latest Quicken Mac release they put that functionality back in.

Next.  Provided you are talking about the US product, the subscription includes both the Quicken Windows and Quicken Mac, you don't have to pay for it again.

As for can Quicken Windows update one account at a time.  That really depends on what you consider one account.  You can certainly go to one account and select Update Now, but most people don't realize that will actually do the same thing as selecting the one financial institution login on One Step Update.  In other words, since logging in and requesting transactions is the most time-consuming part, they are going to be requesting the transactions for all the accounts in that login.  On the other hand, they aren't going to be downloading transactions from other logins/financial institutions.

I believe one reason that Quicken Mac would download for all logins/financial institutions for a time is the simple fact that what most people don't realize is that the Quicken Cloud dataset and its server are in the middle of this process.  And that that server updates from time to time on its own.  Therefore, it is entirely possible that it would have the transactions from all the financial institutions already, and as such they thought it would be nice to just give the users all the transactions they already have.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.