Buy transactions for one mutual fund (only one) does not download.

Options
traversom1
traversom1 Member ✭✭
Buy transactions for one mutual fund (only one) does not download from Schwab. Manually created "Buy" transactions do not appear in "Portfolio" view.
Running Quicken v6.12.1 on mac OS Ventura v13.1

Answers

• MontanaKarl
    MontanaKarl Member, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Is the mutual fund in question by chance one of the Schwab money funds such as SWVXX or SNSXX?

Quicken user since 1990, MacBook Pro M2 Max on Ventura 13.6.5 • Windows 11

• traversom1
    traversom1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yes SWVXX
  • traversom1
    traversom1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you! I searched and read many of the comments and issues with SWVXX MY take away is that at present there is no solution or work around.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Thank you! I searched and read many of the comments and issues with SWVXX MY take away is that at present there is no solution or work around.
    What is it you're trying to do with your money market fund that you're finding you can't do? Buy transactions don't exist for SWVXX, but are you not seeing transactions to increase your Cash balance? 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • MontanaKarl
    edited February 2023
    Options
    @traversom1  While Schwab will not download buy/sell transactions for SWVXX (and other Schwab money funds), I just manually enter them so that my actual available cash shows correctly in Quicken.

The buy / basis lots show up properly in Portfolio view and the account balance / net worth matches Schwab.  Just remember to enter transactions valued at $1/share.

Some recent sample transactions:

• traversom1
    traversom1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    MontanaKarl
    I entered buy transactions @ $1 per share, cash balance is correct but in my case Portfolio is not updated and of course account value does not match Schwab.
  • MontanaKarl
    Options
    In  your Securities list (Window menu > Securities) do you see SWVXX with a green checkmark?

Also - if you right click the account holding SWVXX to see the Account Settings, do you have Investment Tracking Method set to "Detailed"?

• traversom1
    traversom1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    MontanaKarl
    Yes, tracking method set to "detailed"
This discussion has been closed.