View full mortgage payment schedule

Options
I'd like to see and export the full payment schedule for a mortgage. I don't see any way to do that on my version of Quicken. I referenced the help topic https://help.quicken.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=3217591 but I don't see the Full Payment Schedule link or button it refers to.
Tagged:

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I assume this is a manual, not a downloading loan.
    If you click on the "Payment Details" button then you should see the "View Payment Schedule" button, and that's the button to click to see the complete amortization schedule. 
    To export it click on the printer icon in the lower right hand corner, select your printer and click the box Export and create a CSV file.  You can import that file into Excel.
  • FastStreet
    Options
    Thanks for your reply, Tom. Two clarifications:
    No, this is a mortgage updated electronically.
    I clicked on the Payment Details button, I see the View Payment Schedule button floating see image), but as soon as I scroll over it, it disappears.
    I'm running Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property, Version R47.15 Build 27.1.47.15 (fully updated) on Windows 10 Home.
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    With a downloading loan you don't have access to the loan register.  And, it appears, you can't see the amortization schedule either.  Disconnect that Account from downloading to get access to the loan register, and probably the amortization, too.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For what it's worth, I think the displaying of those two buttons is a bug.  That is the reason why can't select them, they shouldn't be there at all.

Downloading of loan accounts implies accepting that Quicken really knows nothing about your loan and relies on the financial institution to provide the information for any given transaction.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's been a while since I looked at any online enabled loan registers, but isn't the Actions button available? Shown here in a non-online enabled loan. 

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @mshiggins I have never had a loan while downloading of loans has been available in Quicken, so I can't confirm, but the screenshot @FastStreet posted looks nothing like the offline one, which you are showing, and I certainly wouldn't expect that there would be such a menu since all of it pertains to the register that an online loan account doesn't have.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • FastStreet
    Options
    Thank you all for your replies. It appears you cannot get the full payment schedule with a downloaded loan. The options are not available.

I will download it from my mortgage company and combine it with other Quicken data.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chris_QPW said:
    @mshiggins I have never had a loan while downloading of loans has been available in Quicken, so I can't confirm, but the screenshot @FastStreet posted looks nothing like the offline one, which you are showing, and I certainly wouldn't expect that there would be such a menu since all of it pertains to the register that an online loan account doesn't have.
    Long back, I experimented with online loans in a test file. I don’t recall for certain, but I believe the full payment schedule was available. OP never showed their loan page to see if the Actions gear is present or not. 

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.