Memo notes erasing in downloaded CC transactions after Ver: R47.15 Build 27.147.

Options
Has anyone else experienced this: You are recording transactions you have just downloaded into your credit card accounts, but once you hit save, everything entered in the Memo field disappears? This just started happening with this update.

Best Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Check the Online Services tab of Account Details.  Is the box checked for Don't update memo when downloading?  If not, check it and then click OK.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Boatnmaniac
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓
    Options
    Tough to say but I can't rule it out.  There have been some (not a lot) reported instances of a Preference or of a setting on Account Details that seems to have been changed during a version update but I don't recall hearing of your situation (the box getting unchecked) occurring before.
    A while back some users started reporting that downloaded memos were overwriting manually entered memos.  It was not affecting everyone and we never were told what caused the problem.
    In Aug 2021 R35.23 was released and one of the things included in it:  "New: Added a Don't update memo when downloading option for customers who do not want their memos overwritten. The option is available under Account Details → Online Services."  This was an optional feature so those who wanted to make sure downloads were not going to overwrite manually entered memos would have had to manually check that box.
    If you had not manually checked that box before then maybe you were just lucky that overwriting of the memo did not affect you until recently.
    If you had previously check that box, then perhaps a version update did cause that setting to get unchecked.
    Which was it?  Your guess is as good or better (only you would know if you had previously checked that box) than mine.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Check the Online Services tab of Account Details.  Is the box checked for Don't update memo when downloading?  If not, check it and then click OK.

• StephenT777
    Options
    B) Thanks for the reminder. It's been years since I visited that tab.
    Follow-up question: Do you think it got unchecked by the update?
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓
    Options
    Tough to say but I can't rule it out.  There have been some (not a lot) reported instances of a Preference or of a setting on Account Details that seems to have been changed during a version update but I don't recall hearing of your situation (the box getting unchecked) occurring before.
    A while back some users started reporting that downloaded memos were overwriting manually entered memos.  It was not affecting everyone and we never were told what caused the problem.
    In Aug 2021 R35.23 was released and one of the things included in it:  "New: Added a Don't update memo when downloading option for customers who do not want their memos overwritten. The option is available under Account Details → Online Services."  This was an optional feature so those who wanted to make sure downloads were not going to overwrite manually entered memos would have had to manually check that box.
    If you had not manually checked that box before then maybe you were just lucky that overwriting of the memo did not affect you until recently.
    If you had previously check that box, then perhaps a version update did cause that setting to get unchecked.
    Which was it?  Your guess is as good or better (only you would know if you had previously checked that box) than mine.

• StephenT777
    Options
    B) Thanks again.
    There was a period when the Payee was duplicating into the Memo, but that was months ago and seems to have cleared up without me having to act on it.
    The current issue was that manually entered notes were being deleted when I saved the transactions. Hoping the check clears that up.
This discussion has been closed.