USAA - Account No Longer Listed

BMWHaj
BMWHaj Unconfirmed ✭✭
I have several accounts with USAA, all of which were set for online services with Quicken.  However, a savings account stopped syncing with a message that the account was no longer at USAA (which is incorrect).  So, I first tried a reset to no avail. I then deactivated the account and tried to re-establish a connection.  When I link to USAA via the new method, all of my other accounts other than the savings account are listed.  So, something is amiss between USAA and Quicken is relation to making this savings account available for online services.

Comments

• Deep
    Deep Member
    I am having the same similar problem. Was working fine yesterday. Now says I need to add accounts. When I select the link on the add account, link opens web browser and has error....
  • Hello @BMWHaj and @Deep

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue. 

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.  

I look forward to your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• John Campbell
    John Campbell Member ✭✭✭
    I'm having similar issues. Over the weekend I had to "reauthorize" my downloads between USAA and Quicken. After the One Step Update this morning, I had two very OLD accounts that were resurrected with non-zero balances that were very similar to the balances in my USAA Savings accounts.  After checking the Account Details, I discovered that the USAA Savings account were no longer set up for download (Checking accounts were not affected) and that the two old non-USAA accounts (one Wells Fargo and the other BofA) had mysteriously been linked to the USAA Savings accounts.  I deactivated the two old accounts to remove the link to USAA and then attempted to reactivate the USAA accounts. That's where I get the same error that you did - it says "Sign into USAA Federal Savings Bank bank failed. Try again."  Then below it reads, "Sorry, the sign in failed due to time out or connection error. Select Sign in to authenticate via your web browser"

I've tried multiple times to connect without success. Hope this gets fixed soon. Still can't understand how the USAA Savings accounts were randomly connected to some of my old accounts (usually you get a choice in linking accounts.)
  • John Campbell
    John Campbell Member ✭✭✭
    Good news! Seems to be working now. I was able to "reauthorize" my accounts and this time it allowed me to correctly link to all my existing accounts (although it initially showed the old accounts that had been deactivated). Seems to be fixed (for now). Thanks!
  • Hello @John Campbell,

Thank you for reaching back out to update us and for sharing your experience with other users. 

I am happy to hear that you were able to reach a resolution!

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• rikwvu
    rikwvu Member ✭✭
    USAA SYNC ISSUES:
    Yesterday, Feb 19th, I tried the new Quicken Connection and Direct Connection to link my USAA accounts. Three out of four were updated. One savings account still will not sync. It is an active account, but when I use either Quicken Connect or Direct Connect, the savings account will not populate on Quicken Deluxe using the Mac version. THE USAA REP said to use Direct Connect for all USAA accounts, but he still couldn't figure out the issue.
  • sgreen78619
    sgreen78619 Member ✭✭
    I am having the same issue. Quicken doesn't recognize my USAA Savings account.
  • rikwvu
    rikwvu Member ✭✭
    After a myriad of calls to USAA, it appears the reason the account that failed to download was in some type of "dormant" status, apparently from lack of use. Once USAA put it into a "normal" status, the account with our other three was properly synced with Quicken (Deluxe). USAA also indicated we should use Quicken Direct, found under the advanced tab, when adding an account. This will require an access registration username and password that is easily set up on USAA.com.
  • Wil
    Wil Member ✭✭
    My 3/1/23 solution from USAA website / Quicken support ...

Background: When running my daily online update, I was prompted by my Quicken (PC, not MAC set-up) to update my USAA accounts to Express Web Connect+. Followed the prompts, and all was fine with my USAA credit card account. Problem was Quicken did not find my USAA checking or savings accounts, even after my attempts to deactivate and reactivate them for online downloads. All Quicken could find was the credit card account.

Called USAA, and got to their website / Quicken support team. The solution that worked for me: In Quicken, go to Tools>Account List>Add Account, and add the account that has gone "missing." Follow the prompts, and the "Add Account" pathway displayed both my checking and savings accounts. I selected and linked them to my existing Quicken accounts, and ran an update. Worked perfectly. All 3 of my USAA accounts are now showing the updated connection method in the account list as "Transaction Download" method "Yes (Express Web Connect+)."

Hope this helps others that may have this problem.
  • BMWHaj
    BMWHaj Unconfirmed ✭✭

Sorry to have posted and not returned until now. Got on the phone with USAA today and USAA marking the account as inactive due to infrequent transactions was the issue. Not a Quicken issue.

By the way, the rep required me to affirm that I would use the account on a more regular basis before she would re-activate the account as per USAA's current policies. Not sure why USAA would care about that since the savings account has a material amount of money in it and I have an active checking account and insurance with them.

• rikwvu
    rikwvu Member ✭✭
    I found the USAA reps to be somewhat lacking in my calls back in February. Some were very curt and provided no solutions to my issues. Their working from home and on weekends may be part of the lack of quality service because on Monday we were able to reactivate our accounts just using the chat box
  • billeye10
    billeye10 Member ✭✭✭

BMWHaj on march 4 was my solution to the USAA saving account. USAA had marked it inactive. They switched it to active/normal and Quicken connect worked.

This discussion has been closed.