• JLCHATELAIN
    JLCHATELAIN Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you to @brianGluck for the solution, it worked

• bfrock01
    bfrock01 Unconfirmed, Member ✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Same here, I've done everything to get this to quit reauthorizing including ensuring no "hidden accounts". Would it be too much to ask Quicken to start testing before they rollout a solution? I use Personal Capital (Empower) as well and there are NEVER any issues w/ syncing banking investment info. With Quicken it's seemingly every week! Why is that??
  • Nia
    Nia Member
    Options

Hello, I am having the same issue, where I have mulitple accounts with American Express 2 credit cards, and 1 loan and it is only authorizing one account. Will there be a fix for this? Thank you

• Financial-Health
    Options
    I'm experiencing this issue as well. My American Express Gold card is working as expected via Direct Connect, but I am not able to link my Blue Cash Everyday card.

I've uploaded screenshots displaying the issue.

It's routing me to the American Express authorization portal, but I suppose Quicken isn't getting the update from Amex.
  • TomV91
    TomV91 Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm having the same problem. Two personal Amex credit card accounts, one reauthorized and updating, the other constantly asking for authorization (which I successfully authorize on the Amex website), but Quicken doesn't recognize the authorization. To be honest, if Quicken can't track my credit cards and my checking account (it keeps adding plug entries to "balance" the account), I'm not sure what good the software is doing for me.

• Greg Goranson
    Greg Goranson Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm having this same issue of the never ending authorization loop. None of the suggestions to troubleshoot this have worked.

• TomV91
    TomV91 Member ✭✭
    Options

An update on my post of March 30. To recap, I had one Amex account that was authorized and updating, but I couldn't authorize or update my second Amex account. This morning, I successfully authorized the second one, but now the first account "is not recognized" and can't be updated. Qucken prompts me to fix this, but I'm hesitant to try. The second account has 20-30x more transactions than the first account and I don't want to lose the ability to update the second account by authorizing the first.

• gfeigh
    gfeigh Member
    Options

One Amex account and have reauthorized mutiple times but reauthorize screen continues to come up. I ignore and transactions download anyway. Seems like Quicken just keeps getting worse every year.

• apedate
    apedate Member ✭✭
    Options

I have an issue with Amex credit card I have gone in and deleted all my accounts (2) in quicken. I start the process to add it has me go out to my account to authorize which I am able do to. When I go back to quicken I get this. I have tried again and again with same results.

• DiverDownBrian
    DiverDownBrian Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Quicken Jared said:
    > Hello @Charles Hadlock,   
    >
    > We are sorry that you seem to be affected by these issues, as well. Thank you for telling us about what you're observing, and for answering earlier questions about the situation.
    >
    > I have one additional question for all users experiencing these symptoms in their software: Are you operating any hidden accounts, currently?
    >
    > You can check this by following the steps below:* n the Account List, click the account you want to view.
    > * Click Edit.
    > * Click the Display Options tab.
    > * Click to clear the appropriate check box. For example, click to clear the Hide this account in Account Bar check box to view the account in Account Bar.
    > * Click OK.
    >
    >
    > Let us know more about this, if you can. 
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Quicken Jared 

I do have a set of hidden accounts.
  • Jeff Skelton
    Jeff Skelton Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Same problem, reauthorize keeps coming up, even after AMX says succesful

• markjrenna
    markjrenna Windows Beta Beta
    Options

No Hidden AMEX accounts. I only have one.

Same problem, reauthorize keeps coming up, even after AMX says succesful.

• LGB
    LGB Member
    Options

I am a Quicken user since 2011 so I know how to use the system well. I too have a reauthorization problem. When I first did it, Quicken created a second set of the two accounts I already had. I do not want them nor do I want updates to go to them. All the extra data I added is in the accounts I want to use. The second set has little if no info. When I kept getting the message over and over again, I thought well let's do another authorization. Then it wanted me to add yet another two of the same accounts that I do not want. Today 04/04/23 Quicken wanted me to do an update but they also want me to reauthorize my Amex accounts. I can't do the update without doing this. So now I'm not sure if I've done it or not but obviously, there is no fix for this problem as I was yet again required to do a reauthorization before I could update Quicken or my accounts. This is making a mess of my accounts to say the least.

• Jeff Skelton
    Jeff Skelton Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Just tried again, this time a separate quicken procedure activated ??? and it worked. The last 4 times quicken did not ask to which account this was linked to.

• markjrenna
    markjrenna Windows Beta Beta
    edited April 2023
    Options

Here is what I did.

After the successful message I re logged in to AMEX in my browser and then Quicken continued to reauthorize. It asked me to confirm the linked account. Went through some gyrations and then connected successfully.

AMEX now connects and downloads with no error in Quicken.

• updaze
    updaze Member ✭✭
    Options
    Quicken still **** up on only AMEX downloads...any hope that Quicken will fix this quickly?
  • Snowman
    Snowman Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I recently had to re-authorize an AMEX account. I opened Quicken, logged into the AMEX site picked the card to re-authorize and the window said it was completed successfully and that I would be returned back to Quicken. I waited up to 1 minute and it did not go back to Quicken so I had to start all over again. The trick I discovered for me was to wait, I think it was almost 4 minutes before I was returned back to Quicken. The process completed and everything has been working normally ever since.

• noazdad
    noazdad Member ✭✭
    Options
    Similar problem here. Quicken Premier for Windows, Win11 (running in a Parallels VM on a Macbook Pro. I won't get Quicken for Mac).
    I get prompted to reauthorize Amex each morning. I have three credit card accounts - none hidden. The reauthorization is successful, but I always have to re-link one of the three to the existing Quicken account. Happens every day now.
  • SBSmith
    SBSmith Member
    Options

I was able to reauthorize American Express. However, now Quicken ask for the Password for The American Express Acount when I try to log in. However, when I enter the password it does not take it and continues to ask for the password.

• TomV91
    TomV91 Member ✭✭
    Options

Update to my April 2 post. After downloading transactions on one Amex account, I followed the prompts to reauthorize my second Amex account (which I couldn't download). Now not only does neither Amex account download, but now my Visa credit card also fails to download. To top it all off, I am trying to contact Quicken support via chat and it keeps deleting the conversation that I've just started.

This is SO frustrating. I've used Quicken for nearly 20 years and I'm pretty much ready to give it up.

• tcburke3
    tcburke3 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Same problem here, but Quicken for Mac. Every day i have to reauthorize. is any Admin reading this thread?
  • Kyle 1994
    Kyle 1994 Member
    Options

I just set up an account with American Express. When I tried to set things up in Quicken, it sends me to the American Express login screen. When I log in, I get an error message saying "My session Has Timed out. Is there a fix for this? I never had an American Express account until a week ago.

• lfinney
    lfinney Member
    Options

same issue. my amex card was somehow disconnected and has not downloaded any trqnsactions since March 3, 2023. six weeks later and several calls to amex and quicken and related tickets with no resolution. when i attempt to set up the amex card for online downloads, it takes my to an amex website to enter my credentials. i successfully enter the useraaid for my amex card and my password and am asked to select the american express product, but is nothing to select. it presents me with a cancel or authorize button but since there is nothing to select the authorize button remains grayed out and i can only select cancel which stops the process. This is unacceptable. It is what i would expect from a free product, not one i am paying an annual subscription free of $60 for.

• shidden
    shidden Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

My AMEX re-authorization worked but each time I download transactions, I
    am getting prompted to reauthorize an acct for an AMEX card that is
    closed in Quicken, has been removed from my AMEX online acct and was
    canceled over 5 months ago.  Pretty annoying. Really wish Quicken would fix this.

• marcv
    marcv Member
    Options

Quicken seems to be having issues with bank integrations i.e. amex. I try to reauthorize and it goes into an endless loop that requires a quicken windows shutdown. Any tips? or is there a quicken alternative?

• Andy#
    Andy# Member
    Options

I had the same issue for a long time and I just chatted with support, they helped me to get through. The solution was to switch a default browser before trying to re-authorize. I had Firefox as default and could not authorize with it, getting the same error "connection failed or timed out". After switching temporarily to Chrome it finally worked OK and I got a "success" message in the browser window and then Quicken updated everything that it needed. You can try that if you still have this problem.

• tcburke3
    tcburke3 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    seems like people are having different issues with this. for me, i had 3 types of accounts: a business card, a business checking and a personal savings, all are under the same login. i disconnected all 3, went into mac keychain and deleted the passwords then set them up again as follows --> for the card, i just chose "American Express" and then ignored the Checking and Savings when asked to set up. then i set up the checking under "American Express Banking" and *included* the Savings, but ignored the card. Seems to work for the moment.
  • Michael3442
    Michael3442 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Andy# (from May 4) Have you been able to switch back to your original default browser (Firefox)?
  • suepfister
    suepfister Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Is anyone at Quicken actually looking into this issue? I created two separate posts about this that keep getting closed. There seems to be a lot of people with similar issues around the AmEx Reauthorization. I have been unable to download transactions since March, with no suggestions from Quicken about any workarounds or ways to resolve the issue. Quicken, please help!!!
  • Michael3442
    Michael3442 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Options
    I don't recall specifically "Reauthorizing" my American Express credit card but I do notice in "Account Details/Online Setup" that my Connection Method is "Express Web Connect+." The plus sign doesn't appear in any other of my Visa, etc. accounts so I'm wondering it that + sign means that I have gone through the Reauthorizing process a month or more ago but just don't remember it. Any opinions on this issue? I'll attach a picture (click the pic to enlarge).
This discussion has been closed.