USAA using EWC+ - Online Balance Includes Pending Transactions [Edited]

13»

Answers

• DrPaul
    DrPaul Member ✭✭
    I have the same problem with the reconcile balance including pending transactions. I wish this would revert back to the prior behavior where the online balance was the cleared balance. I don't want to download pending nor reconcile to a pending balance but rather use only cleared transactions and balance. I've turned off reconcile after download for now to avoid having to click finish later.
  • ChrisHolzapfel
    ChrisHolzapfel Member ✭✭✭
    C'mon Quicken, fix the damn problem, how hard can it possibly be?????
  • mjband
    mjband Member

At this point, Quicken and USAA as a combination of services is unusable…… I can quit one or the other…… But I am thinking you know which one has the higher switching cost in effort….. Stop "upgrading" your download protocols to lock in banks to only supporting you. Some of us can write code to download CSVs and parse out transactions into a spreadsheet……. I am just about to go that route. I miss the days of using USAA and Moneydance, but you strong armed them to joining your proprietary download format. Shame on you for your uncompetive practices and shame on them not having the courage to politely refuse.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭

You have it backwards. It is the financial institutions that are changing and Quicken that is following. And it is exact the opposite as far as "locking in banks". The change is for the banks to have all of their "aggregators" using the same protocol. Basically, none of the aggregators that are accessing the financial institutions data are using OFX. They were using different "protocols", which sometimes were just downloading a file like maybe in CSV format and converting it as needed.

The new protocol is called FDX and is now being pushed by all the major financial institutions.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Jon Chase
    Jon Chase Member ✭✭
    After a second email from Quicken to "verify" my USAA accounts, I backed up Quicken, followed the instructions, and downloaded my account information! Nothing changed! As in the past, my USAA checking account was out of balance for the first time since I first "verified" my accounts the first time!
    I restored the backup, skipped the "please verify" notice, downloaded my account data, and fortunately, my checking account was balanced!
    In the Quicken email, it said I have until 8/7/2023 to "verify" my USAA accounts or it won't work. If so, I'll either do it manually or move my checking/savings accounts to JP Morgan/Chase.
    I simply am in disbelief that Quicken/USAA has not addressed this issue after months upon months of complaints from Quicken users.
  • Dan Lies
    Dan Lies Member ✭✭

PENDING vs AVALIABLE battle continues with my accounts during Reconcile. Its almost back to balancing on paper by hand, except its logging into USAA nearly daily. Disappointed.

This discussion has been closed.