Quicken Mac v6.12.2 can not connect to Quicken Cloud (on macOS High Sierra or Mojave)

Options
2»

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    To add one small data point: I run Quicken on a Mac running Mojave, and it is performing normally — which includes connecting to Quicken to download bank transactions via Quicken Connect. (I haven't tried signing out and back in because I don't have time to deal with updating macOS on this computer if I get locked out.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    jacobs said:
    To add one small data point: I run Quicken on a Mac running Mojave, and it is performing normally — which includes connecting to Quicken to download bank transactions via Quicken Connect. (I haven't tried signing out and back in because I don't have time to deal with updating macOS on this computer if I get locked out.)
    That's consistent with what I saw on my Mojave VM. It was working fine until I signed out. Then I was unable to sign back in. 

So if you are running successfully on High Sierra or Mojave, definitely DO NOT sign out.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • MontanaKarl
    MontanaKarl Member, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    RickO said:
    @MontanaKarl  I'm curious if this occurs in Catalina or Big Sure. If you have a Catalina VM that you could test in, that would be interesting. I don't have time today to create a Catalina VM to test.
    I have a bootable Catalina clone that I'll try after lunch if nobody has posted by the time I get to it...

Quicken user since 1990, MacBook Pro M2 Max on Ventura 13.6.5 • Windows 11

• DoobieDohDuh
    Options
    I am seeing this same issue (as accurately described by RickO @ 2:47PM edited 3:05PM, above). I've reported it to Quicken via "Report a Problem" (logs included).

I'm on:

macOS Mojave 10.14.6,
    Mac Pro (Mid 2010),
    Quicken Version 6.12.2 (Build 612.47862.100).
  • MontanaKarl
    MontanaKarl Member, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    6.12.2 does not have this issue with Catalina.  Just tested on a clone.  After signing out, the sign in screen was solid white for about 20 seconds… and then the login fields appeared and I successfully logged back in and opened a data file.

Quicken user since 1990, MacBook Pro M2 Max on Ventura 13.6.5 • Windows 11

• syncrasy
    syncrasy Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Options
    The problem persists with today's update, Version 6.12.3 (Build 612.47885.100), on my High Sierra Mac (macOS 10.13.6).
  • jacobs
    Options
    @syncrasy The release notes for version 6.12.3 mention two fixes unrelated to this. It's unclear whether a fix for this issue will require an update of the program or a fix on the Quicken server end. The developers have been alerted to this issue, so the lack of a reply here, or a fix yet, indicates they are likely still investigating why it isn't working. 
  • DoobieDohDuh
    Options
    Just applied the Version 6.12.3 (Build 612.47885.100) update on macOS Mojave 10.14.6. Problem remains. Dang...
  • jacobs
    Options
    @DoobieDohDuh Yup, read the two posts above what you just posted. ;)
  • DoobieDohDuh
    Options
    Oh, geez—I thought a data point would be useful. My mistake.
  • syncrasy
    syncrasy Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    UPDATE: For me (macOS High Sierra), it appears the Quicken Cloud bug has been fixed. Instead of a blank window I see a sign-in window. Once signed in, I can access My Quicken Account and import QFX files as before. Because the problem appears to have been resolved independently of an update, I suspect the bug was actually related to a server issue, rather than any particular software version update (6.12.2).
  • jacobs
    Options
    @syncrasy That's encouraging to hear. It will be good to hear from some other other users who encountered this problem to confirm that the issue has indeed been resolved for all. @Itswindy @willam001 @DoobieDohDuh
  • DennisSup
    Options
    The issue has also been resolved for me. I just got the sign-in window on a new installation of Quicken on my iMac running MacOS Mojave.
  • willam001
    Options
    It just started working on HS, after it auto d/l+inst an update.
    Still no-go on Sierra, though. [probably same as before] Version 5.18.2 (Build 518.35919.100).
    Hopefully Sierra gets patched too. ::fingers-crossed::
  • willam001
    Options
    PS: TYVM to everyone who helped out on this again.
  • jacobs
    Options
    @willam001 Glad for the confirmation that things are back working on High Sierra.

I think trying to get the older version 5.18 working on Sierra is likely not going to happen. They dropped support for Sierra back in November 2020 when version 6.0 was released. they said users could continue using version 5.18 indefinitely, but that eventually something with the back-end servers would no longer work with the out-of-date version — and I think that's what you're encountering here. I doubt they are going to invest time in trying to get an old, unsupported version to work on an old, unsupported operating system. ;)

This also gives you an idea of the likely future course with running on High Sierra once they release the next version in March or April. Version 6.12 should continue to work fine for some time, but eventually, something will break, and they won't work to fix it because they no longer support that operating system. So consider this your "writing on the wall" that running Quicken Mac on High Sierra will be on borrowed time going forward. It could break in a few months, or work for a few years; there's no way to predict what change and when it will stop working with Quicken's back-end server systems. 
  • syncrasy
    syncrasy Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    > @jacobs said:
    >So consider this your "writing on the wall" that running Quicken Mac on High Sierra will be on borrowed >time going forward. It could break in a few months, or work for a few years; there's no way to predict >what change and when it will stop working with Quicken's back-end server systems. 

Agreed. I almost ordered a new Mac last week just to run Quicken (because of the incorrect statements from the support reps about HS compatibility). On the other hand, this is the first year that the two major tax software programs no longer run on High Sierra, so I may have to get that new Mac after all (or run the Windows version virtually). But at least I have a few more weeks to figure out my plan.
  • Jeff Strait
    Jeff Strait Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Update:  Apparently Quicken has fixed the connection to the Quicken Cloud for macOS 10.13 High Sierra users.  Today (10 days after my previous attempt) I was able to run Quicken 6.12.3 on my trusty old iMac.  Now the welcome page with a "Get Started" button leads to a log-in page.  After entering my credentials I can open my Quicken files.  Thanks for the fix!
  • Itswindy
    Itswindy Member
    Options
    The issue is resolved for me as well! Thanks for all the help everyone. I'm impressed.
    Now I just need to learn how to use it! :-)
  • DoobieDohDuh
    Options
    Now working on Mojave.
This discussion has been closed.