Quicken FAILS to download a transaction

Nemo
Nemo Member ✭✭
Each month on the same date the same amount of money is transferred from my Wells Fargo account to my Family First Federal Credit Union account. The transfer appears in both online accounts albeit on different days: one is the date Wells Fargo made the transfer and the other is the date Family First posted the transferred amount. My laptop Quicken software (Quicken Deluxe Version R47.15 Build 27.1.47.15 Windows 11 Home) FAILS to download the transaction into my Wells Fargo account in Quicken, but does download the transaction into my Family First account in Quicken. When I enter the transaction into Quicken Wells Fargo by hand, Quicken will not let me enter a posting date for the transaction so it doesn't show up in Reconcile, therefore Reconcile is always off by that amount. The transaction is the ONLY transaction from Wells Fargo that Quicken FAILS to download.

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Posting Date is a downloaded ONLY data field, so you can't manually enter it.
    Not having a Posting Date should not affect the reconcile to a paper statement, if it did, the users that do not download, but enter everything manually would never be able to reconcile.
    I would have a scheduled reminder (set for the earliest date it could happen) to auto enter the transaction into one of the accounts as a transfer, that way the matching transaction would be created in other account.  Then when you download, the downloaded transactions should match to the auto entered reminder.
    I can't explain why the transaction is not downloaded unless by some chance WF is putting the same FITID (unique identifier to prevent duplicates from being presented) on the transaction month after month and Quicken sees them as duplicates and therefore doesn't show them to you.
    You can look at the FITID in the OFXlog file (Help Menu, support sub menu) and compare it to the Downloaded ID that you can see if you turn on that field in the register (Spreadsheet looking icon in upper right corner of register).

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.