Importing .csv Files (Or Converting Them to .qfx) (into Q Mac)

Options
2»

Answers

• nello
    nello Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @jacobs said:
    >
    > From your ongoing posts here, I think you'd likely be better served by one of the commercial converters which do CSV to QFX.

Perhaps. I sure have burned a lot of time on trying to import a .csv from my credit card company.

What’s the status of importing using OFX? (Some people have suggested to me that there are CSV → OFX converters.) If there are known problems/limitations to OFX imports, I’d rather not spend my time re-discovering them.

Thank you.
  • nello
    nello Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @jacobs said:
    >
    > You're trying to use the Mint import for ongoing transaction downloading, something it wasn't built to do.

Yes, I didn’t understand that Mint imports were just for transitioning Mint → Quicken.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    OFX and QFX are basically the same thing, except QFX includes a line of code which identifies the ID number of the participating Quicken/Intuit financial institution. So the utilities which convert CSV to QFX spoof the ID of a legitimate financial institution signed up with Quicken/Intuit. That's why this isn't quite kosher, but apparently works. Sorry, I can't help you with how well they work or if there are any limitations, because I've never used one myself. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.