Chase Amazon biller no longer retrieves the bill

After updating for the Chase connection issues and new connection methods late last year, I no longer get statements for the Chase Amazon card.  First month I assumed it was related to the connection changes and ignored, but it has continued now for a 3rd month.  Anyone else having this issue?

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Be sure to avoid late fees and penalty interest rates

Are you about to be late with making your bill payment due to problems or unexpected delays in Quicken Bill Manager (Quick Pay or Check Pay) that cannot be resolved in a timely fashion?

Due to the complexity of the matter it can take apparently forever to identify and fix a problem. While you're fighting the Bill Manager windmill, waiting for the problems to be resolved, to avoid missed or late payments I recommend you logon directly to the biller's website and authorize them to direct debit (aka PAC Draft, Autopay, APS, etc.) the next and all future payments from your checking account or a credit card. The biller's computer system will do all the work for you to make an electronic debit on the due date and you don't have to worry about being late.

In Quicken unlink the bill and just record a scheduled reminder which does not execute as an online payment into your account register on or before the Due Date and before you download transactions from the bank or credit card containing the payment transactions. That will allow Quicken to match your register transaction to the downloaded data and not cause any further issues.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    In my opinion the only possible way to get something like this fixed is by contacting Quicken Support:
    Official Quicken® Support - Phone, Chat, or Community

Since the problem is going to be with the third-party service that Quicken uses to download the statement from the biller, only they can fix the problem, and you can't contact that service directly.  Personally, I gave up on the "Online Bills" years ago, because it just wasn't reliable enough.  And every problem I ever reported never got fixed.

My personal way to deal with this is that I setup automatic bill payments on all my biller's websites, and turn on notifications from Chase when statements and transactions come in.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Larry4
    Larry4 Member ✭✭✭
    Chris_QPW said:
    In my opinion the only possible way to get something like this fixed is by contacting Quicken Support:
    Official Quicken® Support - Phone, Chat, or Community

Since the problem is going to be with the third-party service that Quicken uses to download the statement from the biller, only they can fix the problem, and you can't contact that service directly.  Personally, I gave up on the "Online Bills" years ago, because it just wasn't reliable enough.  And every problem I ever reported never got fixed.

My personal way to deal with this is that I setup automatic bill payments on all my biller's websites, and turn on notifications from Chase when statements and transactions come in.
    Thanks Chris, I appreciate the response, it's refreshing not to get the usual cut & paste superuser answer.  As a 33 year customer I am no stranger to workarounds, I handle this bill and most others as you suggest, it's been reported it to Support and eventually browbeat them into opening a case.  What I'm looking for with the question is other users with the same issue to bring some attention to this newly introduced defect with Chase.  
This discussion has been closed.