Is there a way to include the memo/notes field on reports?

kellyhall91
kellyhall91 Member
edited March 2023 in Reports (Mac)
I use a credit card for many items and I although I use categories, they are more general and so I put the description of items in the memo/notes field. I don't see that field on any reports and can't figure out how to add it.

Best Answer

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓
    The Transactions reports don't default to showing the Memo/notes field but it can be added. Right-click in the header on one of the column labels and in the pop-up menu you can add a check mark next to Memo/notes to add it. You can rearrange the columns via drag & drop to get the memo column where you want it.

Reports that don't show individual transactions don't have that option available.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

Answers

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓
    The Transactions reports don't default to showing the Memo/notes field but it can be added. Right-click in the header on one of the column labels and in the pop-up menu you can add a check mark next to Memo/notes to add it. You can rearrange the columns via drag & drop to get the memo column where you want it.

Reports that don't show individual transactions don't have that option available.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• Thank you so much! I think I looked everywhere except for there. I was hoping there was a way to add that field.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    The other way to show/hide columns in reports is to click "View" (next to Edit) at the top of the report. In the small drop-down menu, select Columns, and you can then add or remove whichever columns you want.

Also, be sure to Save your modified report(s), so you don't have to add the columns you want each time you generate the report.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.