I reset my download connections with Etrade, now I can't see my transactions register

Options
RussKathrein
RussKathrein Member
edited March 2023 in Investing (Mac)
I had to rename my logins with my Etrade stock investment accounts. That meant I had to establish my link with Etrade on these accounts. When I tried to link them at trade.com, it only recognized my savings account with Etrade, not the two investment accounts. I then noticed that my direct logon to Etrade was at us.etrade.com, which was listed on the Quicken menu as a financial institution called Etrade Advisors. When I linked though this institution, it recognized my two accounts and I was able to link them both. After it completed, I cannot access the transaction register in Quicken for either of these accounts. What is going on?

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Options
    (Edit:  My reply here is for QWin because it was originally posted under a Windows category.  It is confirmed below that this is a QMac issue so this thread has been moved to the Investing (Mac) category.)
    Go to Tools > Account List > select Edit for the account in question > General Tab:  In the Tracking Method box, is Simple - Positions Only selected?  If so, change the selection to Complete - Positions and Transactons, and then click on OK.
    Can you now see and access the register?
    Note:  If there were any transactions in these Etrade accounts between the last time when you had downloaded from them and when you had set them up for download, again, those transactions will likely not be present in the register.  This is because Simple Investing does not download securities transactions...it only downloads the balances for number of shares held, cash and share prices.  If there are transactions missing for that time period you can either enter them manually or restore a recent backup file (from before when you reconnected your Etrade accounts).

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• RussKathrein
    Options
    I should let you al know I am using the Mac version. I do not have a TOOLS option on my task bar. I am on Quicken Connect, rather than Direct Connect (that option was grayed out). I have since reloaded the backup and will try again.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I should let you al know I am using the Mac version. I do not have a TOOLS option on my task bar. I am on Quicken Connect, rather than Direct Connect (that option was grayed out). I have since reloaded the backup and will try again.
    Thanks for letting me know.  I've requested that a Moderator recategorize this thread under Mac.  Hopefully someone with Mac expertise will be able to assist you on this matter.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.