Installed Program Disappeared

I installed the 2023 Deluxe version a week ago. Updated banking contacts etc. Go to use it and am directed back to a 2020 version that is wildly out of date, has accounts that haven't been used in over a year . . .

I signed into Quicken and can only download the 2020 version of Home & Office,
I go to support and cannot get the support phone number or the chat to open. I don't hear very well so a chat is the best way for me to communicate.

I don't want to delete whatever is on the computer and lose data. So what can be done?

Comments

• Reese Shellman
    Reese Shellman Member ✭✭
    edited February 2023
    BTW, what follows is the text of an email I received from Quicken a week ago.

"Thank you for your Quicken purchase. Your Quicken Deluxe has been successfully activated on 2/15/2023. You have an active membership to Quicken Deluxe that will renew automatically on 2/15/2024 at the then current price (plus any applicable taxes).
    Membership: Deluxe
    End Date: 2/15/2024
    Auto-renew: Enabled
    Renewal Date 2/15/2024"
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    BTW, what follows is the text of an email I received from Quicken a week ago.

"Thank you for your Quicken purchase. Your Quicken Deluxe has been successfully activated on 2/15/2023. You have an active membership to Quicken Deluxe that will renew automatically on 2/15/2024 at the then current price (plus any applicable taxes).
    Membership: Deluxe
    End Date: 2/15/2024
    Auto-renew: Enabled
    Renewal Date 2/15/2024"
    Hello @Reese Shellman,      

We are sorry about this problem with being directed to a pervious version of the software after trying to open your current subscription product. Thank you for letting us know about this here on the Quicken Community. 

It may help if you try uninstalling the Quicken software using the steps listed in this Support Article, then deleting Quicken from the Program Files (x86) folder. Note that your data will not be affected by this process as it is located in a separate area. You may then reinstall the software after following those steps using the steps listed here. 

Let us know how this works, if you get the chance. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The data is in a .QDF file, NOT the program.  If you ended up seeing your data in an out of date status, you might have opened an older copy of your data file, it has nothing to do with the program being "2020" or "2023".

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Thanks for the comment but had only found the one data file to use unless there were others elsewhere. Anyway, the real problem of inaccuracy turns is illustrated in a separate posting.
This discussion has been closed.