Ally Bank with 2FA and FDP-108 (QMAC)

Options
2»

Answers

• cyberphile
    cyberphile Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

FWIW, I got a response on Friday to a secure message I sent on Ally's website also stating that Ally dropping support for Quicken was incorrect:

I hope you are having a great day. That information is false. We
    apologize for any inconvenience you are currently experiencing at this
    time with Quicken, and we are aware of the issue and actively working to
    have it resolved.

Thank You,
    Renee
    Customer Service
    Ally Bank

I'm not suggesting that the poster was not correct, only confirming that the information they were given was incorrect.

• Gail@
    Gail@ Member ✭✭
    Options
    Please let us know when this Ally Bank/Quicken glitch is fixed. Thanks
  • Gail@
    Gail@ Member ✭✭
    Options
    This latest Quicken on MAC update is also effecting other Banks. Optum Bank for one as well as Ally Bank
  • AnPann
    AnPann Member ✭✭
    Options
    I was also able to download manually from each account into Quicken. However something strange. Some of my accounts updated through the auto update. Others did not.
  • Richard Bowdel
    Richard Bowdel Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Just hung up from Ally. Supposedly, agent spoke to tech support and was told 3rd party integrators will no longer be supported.
  • kbfranklin
    kbfranklin Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same problem here with Mac and new quicken update. Very frustrating.
  • AnPann
    AnPann Member ✭✭
    Options
    Does this still work on Quicken for Windows? If so it is not an Ally issue
  • ahibler102
    ahibler102 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I just called Ally..they are blaming Quicken for the problem. Not idea who's fault it is. No eta on the resolution.
  • asteinberg001
    Options
    @Quicken Support ... resolution and ETA update please.
  • Mitchell Vardeman
    Mitchell Vardeman Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Options

@Quicken Anja Can we get an update from Quicken on this issue? You posted that it had been escalated internally on 2/23. Has the root cause been identified? If not, when is that expected? If so, what is the cause and when is a resolution expected?

• wcaritj
    wcaritj Member ✭✭
    Options
    Feb 28th - still having this problem (Care Code: FDP-108).
  • goaszw1997
    Options
    I am having the same issue with my Ally account. Tried updating in both Mint & Quicken, both gave me error 108. I just got off the phone with Ally Support, the CSR I spoke with advised there's currently an issue with Quicken on Ally's end, and their team is working on a resolution. She suggested I log into Ally's website and download transactions manually in the meantime.
  • douglitke
    douglitke Member ✭✭
    Options
    When I messaged Ally, I get:
    Thank you for taking the time to contact Ally Bank. My name is Dorothy. It is my pleasure to assist you with your banking needs.

The multifactor authentication on Ally's side should not be causing an issue with Quicken. This is happening when you enter the code in Quicken so you should ask Quicken what code they are needing for you to enter. They should have their own codes and not be asking for your Ally code.
  • AnPann
    AnPann Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Quicken Anja any update on this issue? Thanks
  • RLR54
    RLR54 Member ✭✭
    Options
    As mentioned under the Windows thread, now working on Mac. I just downloaded Ally checking and savings. I had to do the authorization SMS but it was successful. Version 6.12.3 (Build 612.47885.100). macOS 13.2.1
  • Kevin4242
    Kevin4242 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @RLR54 said:
    > As mentioned under the Windows thread, now working on Mac. I just downloaded Ally checking and savings. I had to do the authorization SMS but it was successful. Version 6.12.3 (Build 612.47885.100). macOS 13.2.1

I am on this same version/build of SW, but the process still fails with an Invalid Response message. Did you have to Disconnect your Ally account downloads and redo the Downloads setup process?
  • AnPann
    AnPann Member ✭✭
    Options
    Mine worked also after getting SMS..
  • jldavid47
    jldavid47 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Mine is also now working. I had to enter the SMS code once and now it connects every time.

• Kevin4242
    Kevin4242 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Mine is now working as well; not sure what happened between Mar 4 and today.
  • Steven58
    Steven58 Member
    Options

Eureka. Quicken on MacBook M1 Pro and Ally now are on proverbial speaking terms.

• Mitchell Vardeman
    Mitchell Vardeman Member ✭✭✭
    Options

This has been working for what, a week? Quicken provides an update today that it's been resolved. Nothing like timely information. Quicken support is worthless and this site has about as much value!

This discussion has been closed.