QUICKEN GLOSSARY OF TERMS FOR INVESTMENTS

JMSOUNDER
JMSOUNDER Member ✭✭
edited April 2023 in Investing (Windows)
March 2021 I asked about locating the quicken glossary that used to be part of the help menu. It seems that it is no longer available, I certainly cannot find it.
It should be easy to find.
Also, investment terms that are downloaded or do not change with dates should be clearly defined as opposed to terms calculated using portfolio, date dependent data. In addition, it would be helpful to show equations and sample calculations used to determine investment terms.

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's pretty hard to find. It used to be easier.
    1. Go to your Portfolio.
    2. Click Customize.
    3. Click the (?) at the bottom left corner of the resulting dialog.
    4. In the resulting help page, scroll down to section 3.d and click the link there that begins with "performance measures". That will get you to a page which shows the sources of the various quantities.
    5. On that same help page, click the link near the top for "key investment performance calculations". That will get you to the investment terminology page.
    I was unable to get this page simply by searching for "key investment performance calculations" in help. You could start with just "investing" and see the whole tree of help pages under that.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Glossary that used to be in the in-product Help was very useful. It's too bad it was lost when they reorganized the Help and moved it mostly online.

Some of the former Glossary content is now at
    https://help.quicken.com/display/WIN/Tell+me+about+key+investment+performance+calculations+used+in+Quicken

and
    https://help.quicken.com/display/WIN/Tell+me+about+the+Portfolio+column+headings

The second link identifies the source of each of the data points.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Humm. Too bad no one has an older version installed. 

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

The QW2017 Help file is .chm, compiled html. Anyone have a chm converter they would recommend?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.