Using the Transfer category in windows in Quicken Deluxe

Options
pt216
pt216 Member ✭✭
From the category list how do I take past transactions from different accounts and convert and assign them as a transfers and filter them and print/create a report of just those transfers? I found the transfer $ with a right arrow but don't know how do I use it for past accounts already downloaded?

Best Answer

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

If you have entered separate transactions - a Payment in one account and a matching Deposit in another - you can change Category in the Payment to make it a Transfer to the receiving account. You will then have to delete the Deposit in the receiving account. Also the Categories that were used in the original transactions will be replaced by the [transfer].

I don't see a way to bulk recategorize a normal Category as a Transfer, but people have been complaining that bulk recategorizing is not working at all.

QWin Premier subscription

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

If you have entered separate transactions - a Payment in one account and a matching Deposit in another - you can change Category in the Payment to make it a Transfer to the receiving account. You will then have to delete the Deposit in the receiving account. Also the Categories that were used in the original transactions will be replaced by the [transfer].

I don't see a way to bulk recategorize a normal Category as a Transfer, but people have been complaining that bulk recategorizing is not working at all.

QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.