Create a Report with Transactions from Multiple Categories and Subcategories

Jim in Arizona
Jim in Arizona Member ✭✭
edited March 2023 in Reports (Windows)
Working on taxes! I want a single report that displays the detailed transactions for ONE subcategory of a category that contains other subcategories AND another subcategory of a DIFFERENT category that also contains other subcategories. An example might help. The report should have Property Taxes (under Taxes) and License Fees (under Autos). In creating the report, if I select Collapse All, I see only Auto and Tax listed. If I select Expand All, I see Property Taxes under Taxes and License Fees under Autos, but no transactions. I can double click ONE of the subcategories to see the transactions, but then the other category disappears. How to I get both sets of transactions in one report? It seems there should be a box somewhere that says Include Transactions, but if it's there, I haven't found it.

Best Answer

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓

Start with the Spending > Itemized Categories report.

Click on the gear to customize the report and select just the desired subcategories. Click OK to display the report.

Clcick on Update to show and select Transaction detail

QWin Premier subscription

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓

Start with the Spending > Itemized Categories report.

Click on the gear to customize the report and select just the desired subcategories. Click OK to display the report.

Clcick on Update to show and select Transaction detail

QWin Premier subscription
  • Jim in Arizona
    Jim in Arizona Member ✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Thank you, Jim. Exactly what I need! Not seeing the Update step is what stopped me.
This discussion has been closed.