compromised credit card-New card-New account #

Options
Dkc518
Dkc518 Member
My credit card was compromised, I was issued a new card (new account #). What's the best way to handle this in Quicken? In the past I've added the new card account but that has made the register a living hell. Transactions that occurred under the old account # , download into the new account.

Answers

• Dkc518
    Dkc518 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I read the FAQ you recommended. Sounds like this action will link the new card account to the old card account so there will be no way to discern what transactions were made with the old card account vs the new. Is that correct?
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Options

Is that correct?

Pretty much. In my experience that is not a particualr factor. The CC essentially moved valid old # transactions to the new number and reported them on my next statement. You can insert a $0 reminder as to when the # changed, if you choose to.

• Dkc518
    Dkc518 Member
    Options
    Well, all seems to be well except there are several transactions from the old card that downloaded into the new card account. It's not clear to me, yet, why this happened but if I have to manually delete them, I will. You have been very helpfull and I appreciate you. Thank you.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, delete any such duplicates.

This discussion has been closed.