Problems with USAA Reauthorization

Options
2»

Comments

• cdufault
    cdufault Member ✭✭
    Options

I am so tired of Quicken's inability to leave things alone - we are not data//computer gurus and don't need all this frustration I can't even download from my account page any more.

• cdufault
    cdufault Member ✭✭
    Options

As I just posted I saw a blue link at the bottom of the screen saying Buy Quicken — I can't recommend that!!!

• crab16
    crab16 Member ✭✭
    Options
    same issues here. add me to the list.
  • crab16
    crab16 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Just got off an hour phone call with Quicken. Known problem, they're working on it... I have 8 accounts, Win 11 home, QW R48.9. He had me deactivate all 8, then add new accounts, it forces you into the reauthorization routine which finished successfully. Problem is, no transactions download and the online balance is wacked. He said on his end that he showed all my accounts as "not found." No other remedies. He just added me to the ticket. He said they have a rash of problems with all banks as they move to EWC+. I have EWC+ with a few other institutions and they work fine. He did say that USAA and QW are having problems and they are actively working the issue. I plan to rant to USAA a bit too. Last time this happened they did fix it. We're relegated to the old manual entry/reconcile chore for a while.
  • mwoodpatrick
    mwoodpatrick Member ✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options
    I would really like to hear from someone at Quicken regarding their plan and schedule to fix this issue and how they intend to prevent such fiascos in the future. Their lack of communication on this issue is astounding :s
  • gread
    gread Member ✭✭
    Options
    I ran the update Quicken pushed out yesterday. Now running build 27.1.48.15. Appears they removed the EWC+ connection type for USAA as I wasn't prompted for the change when I did an a one step update. It caused me pause at first as I concluded they had just removed the prompt regarding the conversion and I would be on my next ride to recover my database. I wasn't too concerned as my lesson has been to always back up my file before going down the rabbit hole. After the update, I confirmed I was still using direct connect and my accounts weren't corrupted.
  • mwoodpatrick
    mwoodpatrick Member ✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options
    With the latest update of quicken and restoring from backup and update my transactions look sane again. I still have not seen any announcement & apology from Quicken folks
  • crab16
    crab16 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I updated to 27.1.48.15. I deactivated my accounts and added again, but USAA and QW use EWC+ still. I get no errors, but I don't get any downloads. Not sure how to get back to direct connect.
  • mwoodpatrick
    mwoodpatrick Member ✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options
    I just noticed that while things are better the account numbers shown for my USAA credit cards are incorrect.

I have still not seen any announcement & apology from Quicken folks or anyone from Quicken commenting on this thread, they really need to do a much better job of product qa and customer support
  • crab16
    crab16 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Update. USAA connects with no errors, but no transactions are downloaded.
  • mxsmith4
    mxsmith4 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I stopped using my USAA credit card due to duplicate transactions that took a year to get resolved. My other USAA accounts have been getting updates. My retirement accounts at Fidelity and Vanguard are showing the blue dot for downloaded transaction when no transactions have taken place. Quicken has become unreliable and I have no confidence in what it is reporting. Sadly I know of no other product that can claim to be any better or I'd be using it right now. The 400 pound gorilla has the market.
  • mrbill
    mrbill Member ✭✭
    Options

I too have issues with my USAA credit cards. I have two different cards, but the downloads for one are entered into both accounts. I've stopped using them. Wish there was an option to Quicken.

• amykeesee
    amykeesee Member
    Options

Similar problem with Mac subsciption version of Quicken. A selection of my USAA accounts seem to link okay, but not all of them. I'm also asked to go through the reconnection process every time I do a quicket update.

• demhood
    demhood Member ✭✭
    Options

it would just be nice to find an alternative to all this. my subscription ends next week, and I do not want to renew if there is no solution in the near future. have been with quicken for over 20 years and know how to use it. i really don't want to have to learn something new. 😕

• crab16
    crab16 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Still no fix. Same problem.
  • crab16
    crab16 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Might have found a solution. Not sure if this just coincides with a fix from QW/USAA. I have 8 accounts that were not downloading transactions. I had the red circle with the slash. Tried deactivating each account and then adding USAA account, matching the accounts to my existing account, but nothing worked. The QW tech said none of my accounts were being recognized by USAA. Today I tried something different. I matched 7 of my accounts, but let one credit card create a new account. That worked. Transactions downloaded and the online balances are all correct. Then I deleted the new account it created and synced the 1 remaining account again. I think this technique might have forced some sort of reset. Until the next fiasco...
This discussion has been closed.