Register does not show future scheduled transactions

rampra1
rampra1 Member ✭✭
Reminders that have future dates do not show up in my Check Register, but do show up in other registers (Credit card, etc.) Split transactions with future dates do show up in all the appropriate registers except my Check Register.

Best Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

OK, so you have set the Reminders to show in register (clock icon) to “show next xx days”.

What Filter settings do you have in your Checking account? Should be “All Dates, Any Type, All Transactions".

Is your register properly sorted by Date in ascending order? (Column title should show “Date ▲”)

• rampra1
    rampra1 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    All the filters are already set as you suggested. When I changed the Date to be sorted in ascending order all of the reminders that had future dates "re-appeared", which solved my problem. I can't thank you enough for your expert assistance!

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Click the faint clock icon in the upper right of the register to display fu.ture txn

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• rampra1
    rampra1 Member ✭✭
    Thank you for your response, but in my "Checking" register I have tried setting the reminders to "show" X days in advance (7,4,30 days, etc), which didn't work. I then entered the reminders to "automatically" be entered 3 days in advance, which has never worked, I then created "Test" reminders and set them up for a future dates and then went back and forced them to be entered them prior to their scheduled date, which also failed, except for the reminders that had split amounts to be entered in additional registers besides "Checking", which were successful. The failure seems to be unique to my "Checking" register, because future reminders from my savings account show up as a bill, or a transfer to another account.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

OK, so you have set the Reminders to show in register (clock icon) to “show next xx days”.

What Filter settings do you have in your Checking account? Should be “All Dates, Any Type, All Transactions".

Is your register properly sorted by Date in ascending order? (Column title should show “Date ▲”)

• rampra1
    rampra1 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    All the filters are already set as you suggested. When I changed the Date to be sorted in ascending order all of the reminders that had future dates "re-appeared", which solved my problem. I can't thank you enough for your expert assistance!
  • MHZ
    MHZ Member

The above solution did not work for me. As of yesterday all future transactions have disappeared - and I have many amny automatic entries scheduled. I have closed and reopened Quicken and checked filters. Neither descending or ascending order changes this. I'm set for 6 months ahead.

• MHZ
    MHZ Member

Found my solution, restored back up from a couple days ago and all is well

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you checked the status of your scheduled reminders in Tools Menu / Manage Bill & Income Reminders? Looking at this list, sorted by date: Are they still all there, and showing the next planned due date?

What version, edition level (Starter, Deluxe, etc.) and release (R xx.xx) of Quicken are you using?
    US, Canadian or other country version?
    Is your subscription expired or still active?
    Click Help / About Quicken to get this information.

• rampra1
    rampra1 Member ✭✭
    Please see my response on March 3 that solved my problem. Thank you again.
This discussion has been closed.