Add Online Service to Existing 401K account

I have a 401k account in my quicken file that I have had there for a few years. I want to now add the Online Services to the account (that was not done previously). When I try to do this, it forces me to create a new 401K account. I do not want to do that since there is several years of history in the account in my quicken file. Is there a way to add the online services to an existing 401K account?

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Back up your data file in case something goes wrong
    • Select the account.
    • Click on the gear at the top right
    • Select Edit account details
    • Enter the name of the financial institution and the account number
    • Click on the Online Services tab
    • Click on Set up now and follow the prompts
    • If you are presented with a list of accounts, be sure to select the correct one and Link it. Do not choose Add

QWin Premier subscription
  • Catfish01
    Catfish01 Member
    I do that and when I get to the Online Services Tap it wants me to set up a new account.
  • Roddy H
    Roddy H Member

I have a similar issue, but in reverse. I have created a connected account within Quicken for my 401(k). The connection is working fine, but it did not download history for the earlier years, meaning my cost basis in incorrect within Quicken. When I attempt to import the downloaded QIF data into my connected account, I get an error message stating imports are only allowed for "empty accounts." It seems the account is either connected or manual. I would be happy to delete my connected account, download the full history into a new account, and then reconnect the account. Any ideas?

• Roddy H
    Roddy H Member

Any further updates?

• Roddy H
    Roddy H Member

I see no further updates. It seems I will need to use trial and error.

This discussion has been closed.