Trying to setup online for corp amex fails with no card to select for authorization

Options
grech01
grech01 Member ✭✭
When setting up online downloads for a corp amex card quicken opens a browser window where you select the card you wish to enable downloads for. In my case my personal amex worked fine but for my corp amex no card to select shows. AMEX says its not a problem on their end.

Best Answer

• Quicken Kathryn
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @grech01 ,

I'm sorry you're having issues reconnecting your Amex account—for corporate cards, and some other Banking accounts, you will need to connect through Express Web Connect (EWC) vs. EWC+—you will probably need to select “Delegate” in step 3 below—

Just follow the steps in this FAQ, in the troubleshooting section:

1. At the top of the Account Bar, click the + (plus sign) button.
    2. Type American Express in the search field.
    3. If you have banking accounts with American Express accounts, select American Express - Banking from the search results. If you are a delegate on an account, select American Express - Delegate.
    4. You will see all your American Express accounts to add to Quicken. You will need to select Don't add to Quicken on any accounts that were already migrated.
    5. Select to LINK the Banking/Delegate accounts (the ones that didn't appear during the initial migration) to the corresponding American Express Banking/Delegate instance. 

Hope this helps!

Quicken Kathryn
    Community Administrator

Answers

• Quicken Kathryn
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @grech01 ,

I'm sorry you're having issues reconnecting your Amex account—for corporate cards, and some other Banking accounts, you will need to connect through Express Web Connect (EWC) vs. EWC+—you will probably need to select “Delegate” in step 3 below—

Just follow the steps in this FAQ, in the troubleshooting section:

1. At the top of the Account Bar, click the + (plus sign) button.
    2. Type American Express in the search field.
    3. If you have banking accounts with American Express accounts, select American Express - Banking from the search results. If you are a delegate on an account, select American Express - Delegate.
    4. You will see all your American Express accounts to add to Quicken. You will need to select Don't add to Quicken on any accounts that were already migrated.
    5. Select to LINK the Banking/Delegate accounts (the ones that didn't appear during the initial migration) to the corresponding American Express Banking/Delegate instance. 

Hope this helps!

Quicken Kathryn
    Community Administrator
  • grech01
    grech01 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank You... that works.. AMEX wasn't aware of the Delegate option either.
This discussion has been closed.