The Synchrony Bank cards saga
I'm pretty sure this one isn't Quicken's fault, but rather Synchrony Bank.
I have the Amazon Store card (ie: Synchrony Amazon), the Synchrony Mastercard (formerly Rakuten/eBates card), Lowe's (Synchrony bank)
The fun parts:
Synchrony Bank has merged all their sites into an aggregate. So if you login (web browser) to the Amazon link, it'll show you ALL your Synchrony cards. Likewise the Lowe's one, etc.
Quicken's integration doesn't seem to yet be aware of all of this (or possibly the way Synchrony has setup for Quicken to access).
So for example, if I try to setup the Synchrony Mastercard (which the “official” URL is: synchronymastercard.com) within Quicken (quicken has it as: mastercard.syf.com), Quicken fails to connect. If I choose the Synchrony Financial Mastercard (www.synchronycredit.com), it also fails to connect with Quicken. (but ironically if you use that URL in a web browser, it'll redirect you to the synchromastercard.com site).
The only one's that work, that I've found is the:
Lowe's Commercial Card
Amazon.com Store Card
Of course, if you choose either option, it'll find all your cards and it seems to mess things up (they will randomly start giving you the CC-400 or something error I think where you keep going through the “fix it” loop). Especially if you “accidentally” setup say, your Lowe's card for the Lowes.com website and have the Amazon.com card using the Synchrony website.
My last attempt will be to deactivate them all, and re-enable online via ONE (ie: Choose Amazon.com and when it finds all the accounts, link to existing so they all have the same, yet wrong, URL). And see if the random disconnects keep happening.
I'll try to snag the error message if/when it happens again.
Perhaps Quicken should update their list of online accounts so they point to the correct URL's/locations?
How to refresh financial institution information (Branding)
Have you tried this yet?
If your bank recently changed their website or password requirements please read and follow instructions here:
- Windows: Quicken Uses Incorrect URL for Online Banking
- Mac: https://www.quicken.com/support/mac/quicken-uses-incorrect-url-online-banking
For online billers please see if you can manage (remove and re-add or repair) the online biller, to see if their profile has already been updated.
If that doesn't resolve the issue:
- It is the bank's or biller's contractual obligation to notify their Quicken download service provider, Intuit, of any changes to their websites and download functions in a timely manner before the change is implemented. Intuit needs a sufficient amount of lead time to review, change and test their programs, to adapt to the changes the bank makes.
- The bank also needs to notify their customers of this change in a timely fashion and detail any actions that might be required by the customer to regain access after the change was introduced.
- If they didn't do that, complain to your bank's or biller's office of the president.
- Also contact Quicken Support via Chat or Phone at https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support during posted hours of operation and report this as an Online Banking issue, so that Quicken Support can escalate this issue to Intuit Inc. Ultimately, however, the bank or biller must initiate the call and work together with Intuit on solving this update issue.
Please let us know if you were able to get this issue resolved (or not).0