QCS-0500 An internal problem has occurred while processing your request [Requestld = null.

DSSA
DSSA Member
Receiving this error when I try to make a payment. This started a few days ago, and it still hasn't been corrected. I tried resetting my computer. Any advice?

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

when you say you'r emaking a payment, can you clarify what is being paid? Are you paying for a renewal of Quicken? Submitting a Quick Pay bill payment?

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • DSSA
    DSSA Member
    Submitting a quick pay payment. It says the cloud isn’t available and gives this error code.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If your bank recently required you to reauthorize your checking account and/or your bank has changed from "Direct Connect" to either "Express Web Connect" or "Express Web Connect+" you can no longer use Online Bill Pay direct to the bank or Quicken Bill Manager's Quick Pay function. The bank no longer supports this function through Quicken.

You have these alternatives (in no particular order of preference):

1. Use Quicken Bill Manager's Check Pay making sure to submit payment early enough (at least 3 weeks before due date) to allow time for delivery and processing.
    2. Logon to the bank's website and schedule your bill pay payments to be executed by the bank. In parallel to that, in Quicken use a regular Scheduled Reminder to record your payment. Repeat every time another payment is due.
    3. Bypass Bill Manager. Logon to the biller's website once and set up their Autopay, APS, Direct debit, etc. service to make the current payment and all future payments on Due Date directly from your checking account. In parallel to that, in Quicken use a regular Scheduled Reminder to record your payments before they come due.
    4. Write (or print with Quicken) a paper check and mail it to the biller, making sure to mail payment early enough (at least 10 days before due date) to allow time for delivery and processing.

I've been using a variation of method #3 for decades, since before the Internet and dial-up were even introduced. It's easy to get used to this process. And I have yet to miss a single payment.

This discussion has been closed.