Can i run two versions of Quicken on one computer?

Options
SV0
SV0 Member

I am a long time Quicken user. I use Quicken Premier for my personal finances.

I am also the Treasurer of a a small charitable organization that is an afilliate of a large national organization. My organization has a checing account and a savings account that I would like to track on Quicken, but I don't want to comingle them with my personal accounts.

So can I run Quicken basic on my computer side-by-side with Quicken Premier without having the two versions conflicting?

Thanks,

SV0

Best Answer

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

No, but you can just create a new Quicken data file (File > New Quicken file) in your version so that it is separate from your data.

Answers

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

No, but you can just create a new Quicken data file (File > New Quicken file) in your version so that it is separate from your data.

• SV0
    SV0 Member
    Options

Thanks for the quick response!

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you use Virtual Machine software like Oracles VirtualBox, it is like having a second computer where you can install the second copy of Quicken with its own Quicken Id.

While you could create a second data file in current installation of Quicken, that file would re registered to your personal Quicken Id. If that doesn't bother you, then it is the easiest option.

There is a third option where you buy a second copy of Quicken and switch back and forth between your ID and the organization's ID. It involves some juggling and making sure that you change between them with a specific sequence, but it is doable. If you want to go that route, write back and it will be explained further.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.