How do I stop Quicken Premier from updating on startup when it is up to date?

tometz11
tometz11 Member ✭✭

It is a PITA when I try to open Quicken, it looks for an update finds none and closes. I then have to restart the program. Everything takes a long time as I have lots of transactions.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

By “update” are you talking about “downloading transactions from the banks when Quicken starts”?
    That's controlled by a setting in Edit / Preferences / Startup.

• tometz11
    tometz11 Member ✭✭

I'm talking about Quicken program updates that start at startup. After determining that it is up to date it shuts down the program requiring a manual restart.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

Thanks for responding so fast.
    What Quicken version are you using now?
    R 47.15 is the current level. But there's a R 48.8 in limited release that's on hold right now, waiting for Quicken to make it generally available.

AFAIK, at most, you should get one update check per day. And it should not shut down Quicken after completing the check.

To make sure that Quicken is allowed to update and save its configuration files please check if Windows Defender Controlled Folder Access feature Ransomware protection is enabled.
    If it is, configure it to add Quicken as an "allowed app" without turning off Ransomware protection. Perform the last step in

• tometz11
    tometz11 Member ✭✭
    I'm using R47.15.

I'm using Panda Dome so I added "pw.exe" to the Application Control allowed. Time will tell if it works.

Thanx for the help UKR.
This discussion has been closed.