Rejected connection with Fidelity Investment with error OL 295 A
1st time Quicken here.
It took me over 2 hours trying to set up connection with Fidelity. So frustrated!
I also tried Simplifi, and there was no issue at all.
So Quicken, can you solve the issue?
Note that this is a Quicken Community forum and the people posting here are mostly Quicken users, like you and me. There are a few Quicken employees who do monitor what is posted in Community but they might or might not see your post. And they generally are not tech or quality support folks who can fix problems. They will provide some great advice and actions that you can take that might help to fix issues you encounter, will provide some great tips on how to use Quicken and will post Announcements and Alerts regarding Quicken.
Your best bets to get help directly from the Quicken Team:
- Report iit from within Quicken: Help > Report a Problem. Going this route will not get you a response from the Quicken Team but they will be informed of the issue so they can investigate it and, if appropriate, take actions to address it.
- Call or Chat with Quicken Support: (Make sure popup blockers are disabled.)
More specifically to your post:
OL-295 error codes mean that for some reason the financial institution's (FI) server was busy or unavailable. Generally this is something that the Quicken team cannot fix because it is a FI server, not a Quicken server. This error code does sometimes happen during non-business days/hours as the FIs will use those times to sometimes do system maintenance. In most cases, the issue will self resolve by the next business day (or earlier).
The most common solutions to resolving this issue are:
- When getting this error code during One Step Update (OSU), try updating with Update Now (Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Update Now), instead.
- Try, again, later in the day.
- Try, again, the next business day.
If you have not already done so, you might want to read the following Support Article regarding this error code. It provides some additional insights into the problem and some additional steps you might want to consider taking that can help in resolving the issue:.
Simplifi and Quicken are two totally different systems and, I'm assuming, use different connection methods. Or maybe Simplifi simply connected at a time when Fidelity's server was not busy and was available.(QW Premier Subscription: R47.15 on Windows 11)0