Dependent Care - Reconcile not available?

Options
Keith Davis
Keith Davis Member ✭✭✭

Why in the world is Reconcile not available on Dependent Care accounts?

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I assume that by your use of the term “Dependent Care account” you're referring to a Dependent Care FSA account? That's not a Quicken term so I'm guessing you created a more generic “Asset” or “Liability” Account in Quicken to track balances and transactions. Those Accounts don't have a reconciliation “wizard” built into their programming. You can still reconcile these Accounts of course by resorting to manual entries you make to the Clr column, and that should work fine assuming you have a statement of some sort to refer to and transaction volumes are reasonable.

If you want to have the reconciliation wizard available to you then using one of the available Banking Account options would probably be best.

• Keith Davis
    Keith Davis Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, it's an FSA account, specificalize for Dependent Care (recongizeed by the IRS as such), and it IS a Quicken term:

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ha! I'm long past collecting a paycheck so I didn't realize that was even there. Anyway, I tried it out and Quicken does create that Account as a generic Asset Account, with it's built-in limitations. I can't see anyway to change that and I'd assume that transaction volume wouldn't be so large as to make the reconciliation process, done manually, too onerous.

If you thing it would be valuable to you and to other users to have the reconciliation wizard available in this situation, I'd suggest making a new post with that recommendation and make the post an "Idea."

If the idea gains enough traction the developers might very well implement this.

This discussion has been closed.