Why?

Is Union Bank at fault?

Thank you, Tom

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options

No. In your prior post you said you "added a CC"; by that, I believe you added a credit card, right?

Your debit card is a way of tapping into your checking account, just like an ATM. There is no separate account for the debit card; the account is your checking account.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    Options

Please share some additional information.

• Was there February data for this bank account previously, or are you just now trying to download it any nothing is downloading?

• Is this happening in any of your other accounts in Quicken, or just one?

• Have you checked to make sure you don't have a date filter set on the register? (That is, is the first filter showing "All Dates" or "This Year"?)

• Gotom
    Gotom Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Oh, sorry - wasn't aware so many transactions going on credit card.

Thank you for answering - both quick & thoughtful.

Tom

• Gotom
    Gotom Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Ooops! I failed to notice Feb/Mar Cash transactions still missing from Register

so the Cash account failed to update.

• Gotom
    Gotom Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options

• Was there February data for this bank account previously, or are you just now trying to download it any nothing is downloading?

A. There was never Feb. data in this account.

• Is this happening in any of your other accounts in Quicken, or just one?

A. My credit card account is updating fine.

• Have you checked to make sure you don't have a date filter set on the register? (That is, is the first filter showing "All Dates" or "This Year"?)

A. Filter shows "Date" and downward facing caret.

• jacobs
    Options

Filter shows "Date" and downward facing caret.

That's the column heading row. What you've described shows that the register is sorted by date an descending order. I was referring to the are ajust above that where there are three buttons for filters:

Clicking any of the filters will show a short menu, such as this for the Date filter:

I was asking if the Date filter is set to All Dates of This Year or This Quarter, to make sure that your February transactions aren't missing due to a filter which is excluding that month.

If you are set for All Dates, then we may need to look at what happens when you download transactions from the bank. Have you looked at Connectivity Status on the Window menu? This might give you an indication about the status of downloads from your bank.

• Gotom
    Gotom Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options

jacob - All Dates is there. Connectivity looks good.

Here's a pic of connectivity

• Gotom
    Gotom Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Account # there - pls delete!

Tom

• jacobs
    Options

I blocked out your account number.

I'll leave it to others to help with your connectivity problem.

• Gotom
    Gotom Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options

What about debit card transactions - are they listed in the register?

Tom

• jacobs
    Options

@Gotom I'm not sure what you are asking. In Quicken, you have a an account register for your Union Bank checking account, right? It should download all activity in that account from Union Bank; Quicken should mirror what happens in the "real world" with the bank account. It may take a day or two for transactions you make with your debit card to be posted by the bank, and then possibly another day to be available to download to Quicken. Does that answer what you were asking?

• Gotom
    Gotom Member ✭✭✭
    Options

If February d.l.'s I'll be able to say if the debit card tranactions are there - if they identifiable as such.

In February I added a CC - I want to add one but I not sure if I should use either the tab in Settings to "Update Connection" or the tab in Settings to "Change Connection."

Tom

• jacobs
    Options

The credit card is a separate account, and should be added as a new account in Quicken.

Before doing that, you may want to try disconnecting your checking account from downloads, and then re-enabling downloads to see if that fixes your problem. If not, you might find it easier to call Quicken Support, because they can screen share with you and see what you're seeing; it's often hard to diagnose connectivity issues lile this in a public forum where we can't see everything.

• Gotom
    Gotom Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Did you mean "Debit card?"

• jacobs
    Answer ✓
    Options

No. In your prior post you said you "added a CC"; by that, I believe you added a credit card, right?

Your debit card is a way of tapping into your checking account, just like an ATM. There is no separate account for the debit card; the account is your checking account.

• Gotom
    Gotom Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options

My CC was canceled so I temporarily used my debit card then switched to using a new CC - have updated credentials (assumed my old transactions would stay in register). According to you I should add my debit card to get those transactions, correct?

Meanwhile the Feb/Mar transactions have downloaded but to a new account I must have added by mistake. What should I do now?

Tom

• Gotom
    Gotom Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options

I think I'm ok now - all transactions downloaded.

This was the culprit (I think).

This is above the word "Date" - I'm too literal and was confused.

Thank you for supporting me jacobs. Some day I'd like to know

what keeps you in this game - your motivation. Tom [Removed-Privacy]

• Gotom
    Gotom Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options

What's the significance of a total inred in a credit card total under Balance?

The app shows no payment due.

Tom

• jacobs
    edited March 2023
    Options

@Gotom I'm glad to hear you got things squared away.

Some day I'd like to know what keeps you in this game - your motivation.

I was a Quicken Mac user from way back, and when it seemed Quicken Mac might die in the early 2010s, after looking at some other programs, I realized how much I liked the way Quicken allows me to keep all my finances and financial history together in one place. I discovered Intuit had hired someone to manage the rescue and rebirth of Quicken Mac, and I signed on to help beta test the early pre-release version. The beta testing was a great experience, helping influence some of the features and discovering a community of smart, passionate, funny fellow testers.

When the new Quicken Mac was then released in 2014, I joined this forum to help share what I had learned about the new program with fellow users. I stuck around because I enjoyed helping users and trying to troubleshoot, often without having all the puzzle pieces. And there's a lively community of users here as well. While I'm sometimes frustrated by Quicken (the program and the company), I do believe the Quicken folks are trying their best to build a better program, and I hope to see them succeed so I can continue to use Quicken Mac for as long as I manage my own finances. 😀

• Gotom
    Gotom Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I thought so - socialization (such fine healing) + mental challenge. What's not to like?

As Quicken keeps developing you'll never be out of work.

Tom

• Gotom
    Gotom Member ✭✭✭
    Options

jacobs - I don't understand the difference between the descriptors in top left col..

1. All Transactions
    2. Banking
    3. Cash
    4. My bank account no.
    5. Name of my bank followed by XO### - added in call to Quicken Support
    6. Credit Card
    7. Name of my CC account
    8. Co

Can you clarify the difference? Thank you, Tom

This discussion has been closed.