TIAA quotes not downloading (QWIN)

Jerry Pederson
Jerry Pederson Member ✭✭✭✭

My stock quotes are not even reasonably close to real-time. In fact, they do not make any sense. I have updated my investments several times.s today and no change. Has anybody else had this kind of updating problem

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

What version of Quicken are you running? The newest release, R48.9, which is now in staged release to a limited number of users, is supposed to have fixed some issues related to real time quotes.

Note that real time quotes are limited to Premier edition and up.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Rickbee9
    Rickbee9 Member ✭✭

Since updating to R 48.9, my quote updates seem to have broken. Only 1 ticker symb out of 4 updates since installing R 48.9

• Rickbee9
    Rickbee9 Member ✭✭

Symbols not updating are: QCSTIX, QCEQIX, QREARX All 3 are TIAA/Cref funds. Vanguard VFIAX still works. Any fix for quotes not updating?

• Rickbee9
    Rickbee9 Member ✭✭
    edited March 2023

My TIAA quotes stopped updating after installing R 48.9. Ticker symbols are:

QCSTIX QCEQIX QREARX. Update last worked correctly 3/17/23.

Vanguard VFIAX still updates correctly.

Could this be an issue with R 48.9 or a TIAA issue? Any thoughts?

Thanks

Using Quicken Premiere Subscription R 48.9

• Jim_Harman

@Rickbee9 Those funds do not appear to be publicly traded. Are they special 401(k) funds or something? Quicken's quote provider only supplies data for publicly traded funds, but you should get price updates when you update transactions for your TIAA/CREF accounts.

• Rickbee9
    Rickbee9 Member ✭✭

Quicken has been updating those funds for more than 15 years buy one step update or the update button in "Investments". I checked and Quicken still does recognise the fund names from the ticker symbols. Has Quicken changed the quote provider as of 3/20/23? This seems to be related to R 48.9 that i downloaded on 3/18.

Thanks

• Jim_Harman

OK, I looked at QCSTIX. You are correct that it is recognized by Quicken's quote provider.

But the price has not been updated since 3/17. You can tell by hovering over the little clock icon in the Holdings view or an Investing > Portfolio view. My other quotes are up to date.

You should report this to Quicken Support. Forum Moderators sometimes review issues discussed here and refer them to Development, but if you want Quicken to work on a problem, I recommend you contact Support via phone.  Be sure the support agent understands the problem and gives you a ticket number for future reference.

You should also use the Help > Report a Problem menu in Quicken to submit the issue online. In your submission, be as clear and thorough as possible. Reference the ticket number and provide a link to this discussion. Provide step by step instructions to reproduce the problem. You will not get a response to an electronic submission, but they say they review and prioritize the submissions. 

Updates on problems that Quicken has acknowledged are posted at the link below.

Quicken never says when a problem is expected to be resolved.

https://community.quicken.com/categories/alerts

• Jim_Harman
  • quicken49
    quicken49 Member

I have the same problem with some TIAA-CREF stock funds not updating since updatng to verision R48.15 a few days ago Some TIAA-CREF funds update while others do not. Waiting for Quicken to respond on this.

• tcaus
    tcaus Member ✭✭

Oddly enough, some TIAA/CREF funds (TISPX, TISIX for example) are updating correctly. Others, as you noted, are not. I seem to get the same result from Yahoo Finance, so it may not be specific to Quicken.

• Rickbee9
    Rickbee9 Member ✭✭

I reported problem earlier today and was assigned a case # to escalate issue. However, As of 3/23/23 at 8pm, all my TIAA accounts updated as they should have using 1 step update.

Has everyone elses issue been resolved?

• tcaus
    tcaus Member ✭✭

Looks like it is updating for me.

• Rickbee9
    Rickbee9 Member ✭✭

Looks like this issues is happening once again.

Ticker symbols are:

QCSTIX QCEQIX QREARX..

Vanguard VFIAX still updates correctly.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.