How do I properly enter CD into the Security List so it'll update each day when I download quotes

bkitchel
bkitchel Member ✭✭
I have "download quotes" checked in the security list, but it does not update.

Answers

• Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭

@bkitchel - why would a CD change price? It's a savings product issued from a bank, right? if you paid $10,000 for the CD, that is what it's worth - $10,000. can you please explain more as to your objective? It's not an investment product - it's a banking product.

• bkitchel
    bkitchel Member ✭✭
    I hold the CD in a brokerage account and its value does change from day to day, even tho if I hold it to maturity it will be worth exactly what I paid for it. Since the value changes day to day, my Quicken accounts do not reconcile with my online accounts at the brokerage.
  • Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

that sounds line a Bond - not a CD - what is causing its value to change daily?

it may simply be that Quicken's price aggegator (Intuit) doesn't pick up the price of that security,

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

A brokered CD (purchased on the market vs directly from the bank) WOULD change in price …but I doubt that Intuit carries it

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• bkitchel
    bkitchel Member ✭✭
    Thank you for responses. It is obvious Quicken cannot "link" with the CD when I connects to my brokerage to download quotes each day. I had thought this might be due to the way I had set up the CD/security in my security list, but I have set it up according to all the information Quicken Help advises regarding how to set up a CD. It seems Quicken can't find it because there is no ticker for the CD, but thought perhaps it could link to it via the cusip. This doesn't seem to be the case.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

BUT if this is/was a brokered CD {bought in the market}, their SHOULD be a symbol. What shows on your brokerage stmt?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.