Stock Quotes not updating

Options
ChrisD
ChrisD Member ✭✭
edited April 2023 in Investing (Windows)
After completing the One Step Update process, noticed stock/cash amounts do not match the EOD totals reflected on Charles Schwab (CS) website.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Best Answer

• ChrisD
    ChrisD Member ✭✭
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓
    Options
    Decided to rebuild accounts and they are reporting as expected. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What Edition of Quicken are you running? If Premier or higher, do you have Real time quotes enabled at Edit > Preferences > Investing?

Apparently real time quotes also show after hours trading, which might explain what you are seeing.

QWin Premier subscription
  • ChrisD
    ChrisD Member ✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options
    I pay for the deluxe version. I just looked up one account from Charles Schwab and there's a difference of $26K between what's being reported in Quicken after executing One Step Update just now. Please confirm why the difference.

I've also included a screen shot of the Investing options. It appears "Read Time Quote" is no available.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Click on Holdings for the affected account. Compare the number of shares and the Quote/Price for each security. Where are they different from what is reported on the Charles Schwab website?

Is there a little clock icon for any securites in the Quote/Price column? If you hover over the clock, it will show the last date the quotes were updated. If the markets are closed, I would expect to see the last date they were open. Today, 3/19, that would be Friday 3/17. What do you see?

QWin Premier subscription
  • ChrisD
    ChrisD Member ✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Of all the securities that we have, only 8 have the clock icon. Four of the eight, I updated manually. From the Investing dashboard, I executed Update Quotes option. When looking at each investing account, reflected download occurred on 3/19/23 at 11:28 am via Express Web Connect.

By the way, a couple clock icon reflects a date of 09/06/2022. There are no clock icons of the other quotes.

Also from what I can tell, the securities in Quicken match what's in the Charles Schwab account,
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options

go to Schwab account Register - in upper right corner - click gear - click Reconcile Shares - should match -

then for any stock that you think is not getting prices -
    look at the Menu —> Tools —> Security List for "Download Quotes [x] "
    and then look at the Security Detail —> More —> Edit Price History —> ?? is the listing current ??

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• ChrisD
    ChrisD Member ✭✭
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓
    Options
    Decided to rebuild accounts and they are reporting as expected. Thanks for all the suggestions.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Is it fair to assume you went with the File/ Validate and Repair path and included the Rebuild investing lots?

Or do you mean something different by "rebuild accounts"?

• ChrisD
    ChrisD Member ✭✭
    Options
    I used multiple options including File/ Validate and Repair path. Though what really worked was deactivating the account then going through the process to add a new account.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@ChrisD - and what bank/brokerage was that ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• ChrisD
    ChrisD Member ✭✭
    Options
    Charles Schwab
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

BTW - noticed on the screen shot you had -
    you are using Simple Investing [x] - vs the Complete register display - WHY ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.