Transaction/transferred were entered within one week of each other, but they both will not match

Options
Shawn2377
Shawn2377 Member

I’m using Quicken home and business and I am trying to get my transfers
to register in both of the accounts. I have quite a few transfers that
have the uncleared tag on the left side. It will say that they are
unmatched and sometimes says that the separate transaction/transfer was
entered manually.
It shows that both transaction/transferred were
entered within one week of each other, but they’re both will not match
up. When I click on the uncleared portion to try to match it up, it’s
not pulling up the other transaction to select.

I have deleted both transactions at one point, and then manually enter them and still the same problem.

I am doing a transfer between a business account and a personal account.
May that be the problem? I did read another thread that had something
like that.

Also, separate question is there a register column that I
can activate in order to show me if a transaction is matched with
another transaction?

Best Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

If a transaction has been recorded as a Transfer, the Category column in each register will show the name of the other account in [square brackets].

To ensure that a transfer will be recorded properly, it is best to enter it manually before either side has been downloaded, or, if it repeats on a regular schedule, use a Reminder. Then when each side of the transfer downloads, Quicken will (usually) match the download to the transaction that is already in the register, using the date and amount. For a match, the amounts must be equal and the date range for automatic matching is about +/- 3 days. If it does not match automatically, you can click on Edit for the transaction in the Download area then pick Match Manually and pick the correct transaction.

You should always review downloaded transactions and match them manually if necessary, not accept them all automatically. The global setting for this is at Edit > Preferences > Downloaded transactions

QWin Premier subscription
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

another transaction?

Jim identified that a transfer transaction from one account to another shows the other account name in the category field. Was that your question?

If you are asking about initially having a transaction in an account and then having a downloaded transaction matching to that, No, there is no such specific register column. There are a series of columns that offer the downloaded data (payee, ID, etc.) but those will not distinguish whether the download matched a prior existing transaction or you later edited the transaction in some fashion.

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

If a transaction has been recorded as a Transfer, the Category column in each register will show the name of the other account in [square brackets].

To ensure that a transfer will be recorded properly, it is best to enter it manually before either side has been downloaded, or, if it repeats on a regular schedule, use a Reminder. Then when each side of the transfer downloads, Quicken will (usually) match the download to the transaction that is already in the register, using the date and amount. For a match, the amounts must be equal and the date range for automatic matching is about +/- 3 days. If it does not match automatically, you can click on Edit for the transaction in the Download area then pick Match Manually and pick the correct transaction.

You should always review downloaded transactions and match them manually if necessary, not accept them all automatically. The global setting for this is at Edit > Preferences > Downloaded transactions

QWin Premier subscription
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

another transaction?

Jim identified that a transfer transaction from one account to another shows the other account name in the category field. Was that your question?

If you are asking about initially having a transaction in an account and then having a downloaded transaction matching to that, No, there is no such specific register column. There are a series of columns that offer the downloaded data (payee, ID, etc.) but those will not distinguish whether the download matched a prior existing transaction or you later edited the transaction in some fashion.

• Shawn2377
    Shawn2377 Member
    Options

Thank you

This discussion has been closed.