Investment transaction screen

Options
Mick
Mick Member ✭✭✭
edited April 2023 in Investing (Windows)

I downloaded transactions today as always but when I went to an investment account to review I was greeted with a new display. The new display has 4 boxes - Total Value, Portfolio by Security, Top Movers, Value over Time. None of these allows me to review and post transactions.

This is very disturbing. I can't see a way to get to a screen where I can fix the transactions before posting.

Please advise.

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It sounds like that Account has been switched to "Simple" investing. Edit that Account and uncheck the box that controls that.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Detailed instructions:

Sometimes a Quicken update switches one or more investing accounts to "Simple" mode. In Simple mode you will see a dashboard with 4 big squares instead of your investing transaction list.

To change back to Complete mode, open each affected account, click the gear at the top right, pick Edit account details, and select Complete in the Tracking Method box.

Then if you don't want to use Simple mode for any of your accounts and to help prevent this from happening again, go to Edit > Preferences > Investments and un-check the Enable Simple Investing box.

QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.