Can I download all 2022 transactions from my Capital One Credit Cards?

Options
Ken0315
Ken0315 Member ✭✭
If so, can someone give me cyberstewpid step by step instructions? Me and technology occasionally do not get along well.

Thanks.

Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Your FI or bank controls how far back you can download. Most only go back 90 days. The rest you will have to enter manually. You might get a greater range of transactions if you go to your financial institution's website and download a different range of dates in a Web Connect .QFX file. If you manually enter older transactions, be sure to adjust the opening balance to account for them as you enter them.

See this FAQ

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options

I have a Cap One Quicksilver MC. I was just able to download all of 2022 via the Web Connect connection method so I'm thinking you should be able to as well. Here are the steps I suggest you use:

1 - Backup your data file in case something goes wrong.

2 - Log into your online account at Cap One.

3 - There should be a Gear icon present followed by the words "I want to…" Click on that.

4 - Under "Documents and Downloads" click on "Download Transactions".

5 - For "File Type" select "QFX Quicken".

6 - For "Time Period" select "Yearly Report for 2022".

7 - Click on "Export".

8 - The file should be downloaded into your "Downloads" folder. Or you might be asked where you want to save the file….if so, select a location to save it. Or, you might be asked if you want to open the file…if so, select "Quicken" to open it.

9 - If the file was saved to your download folder or if you saved it somewhere else on your hard drive: Right click on the file and then click on "Open With" and select Quicken. (Or you can simply double click on the file and then select Quicken to open the file.)

10 - Quicken will then import the file and you will be asked if you want to Link it to an account you have already set up in Quicken or if you want to Add a new account. Select the appropriate option. Some comments regarding Linking to an account you already have set up in Quicken:

• Before importing the downloaded file: Delete the Opening Balance transaction in the Account Register. It will be replaced with a new Opening Balance transaction when the downloaded file is imported into the account.
    • Before importing the downloaded file: If you already have some transactions for 2022 entered in the Account Register you might want to consider manually deleting them. Otherwise when you import the file you had just downloaded you will have duplicate transactions in the register which will then need to be manually deleted. Deleting these 2022 transactions beforehand might be easier and less time consuming than if you wait to delete duplicates after importing the file. But it might not be feasible to do that if there are a lot of 2022 transactions and they have already been categorized. It's a personal choice as to what you think will be the easiest thing to do.

That's it. Just review the Account Register to make sure it looks OK and make sure that the Account Register balance matches the Online Balance. It they do, then you are done.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Did this help?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• Ken0315
    Ken0315 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank both of you. I’ll give it a try and will call Cap One if I have issues.
This discussion has been closed.