Duplicate Transactions in Download

Options

Answers

• gnphiker
    gnphiker Member ✭✭
    Options
    @shdwmrchnt I deleted my DC accounts and set them up using the WC and so far they haven't downloaded duplicates when doing an update... we'll see how it goes.
  • shdwmrchnt
    shdwmrchnt Member ✭✭
    Options
    My post yesterday was on Windows, running on a Mac. Gibberish inserted oddly. I'll try again on my Mac.

Downloaded again today after completely switching to Cadence WC, reassigning my accounts during setup.
    I will live with my 4 'Unknown' Corrections, matching totals to actual balances in each account.
    Thanks to @gnphiker for also giving it a try, see above.

GOOD NEWS: No Duplicate Downloads, looks like the issue my be isolated to the DC download code for now! I will continue daily downloads of data and report back. Standing By.
  • shdwmrchnt
    shdwmrchnt Member ✭✭
    Options
    Also thanks to @tbf47 for grouping all comments here appropriately.
  • gnphiker
    gnphiker Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @shdwmrchnt said:
    > My post yesterday was on Windows, running on a Mac. Gibberish inserted oddly. I'll try again on my Mac.
    >
    > Downloaded again today after completely switching to Cadence WC, reassigning my accounts during setup.
    > I will live with my 4 'Unknown' Corrections, matching totals to actual balances in each account.
    > Thanks to @gnphiker for also giving it a try, see above.
    >
    > GOOD NEWS: No Duplicate Downloads, looks like the issue my be isolated to the DC download code for now! I will continue daily downloads of data and report back. Standing By.

Updated my WC accounts and NO duplicate transactions!!
  • tbf47
    tbf47 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have written to the Cadence Bank I.T. associate regarding the status of the program fix. I will post the reply.

Windows 10 * Quicken Premier user.

Quicken user since 198x something. Started with Quicken for DOS 5.X

• w_prentiss1
    w_prentiss1 Member
    Options

Any clue/update on when this issue will be corrected? This is starting to get ridiculous.

• gnphiker
    gnphiker Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @tbf47 said:
    > I have written to the Cadence Bank I.T. associate regarding the status of the program fix. I will post the reply.

They never responded back to my request on Monday. In the meantime I've deleted the DC (Direct Connect) accounts and re-setup them up using WC (Web Connect) and no issue with duplicates being downloaded. I'll use this method for now.
  • shdwmrchnt
    shdwmrchnt Member ✭✭
    Options
    Day 4, all well with Cadence WC. Of interest, my Bank of America and Charles Schwab accounts all use WC or WC+. Maybe code is more difficult to maintain in Banking with DC.

Anyway, I'll stay in this thread for any breaking news. But since it is apparently not a system wide problem for Cadence, I'm not optimistic.

I'm surprised they haven't responded with "switch to WC" as a 'fix'. Likely because this issue is garnering so little attention, they aren't even reading our posts or responding to @tbf47.

All for now, standing by.
  • tbf47
    tbf47 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

From Cadence yesterday afternoon

"Good afternoon,
    I've been reaching out to the tech team, sharing information. They are still in the process of nailing down a solution. Downloading your QFX file and manually importing the data into Quicken is a temporary workaround until the issue is resolved, though I understand that such a method is not ideal. I'll continue to follow up with the tech team and follow their progress. 

Thank you for your patience!"

• tbf47
    tbf47 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options

Has anyone else followed @shdwmrchnt in switching from "DC" to "WC" to resolve the duplicates issue? I was hoping one the Quicken reps would weigh in on it. @shdwmrchnt you are running a Mac correct?

• gnphiker
    gnphiker Member ✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options
    > @tbf47 said:
    > Has anyone else followed @shdwmrchnt in switching from "DC" to "WC" to resolve the duplicates issue? I was hoping one the Quicken reps would weigh in on it. @shdwmrchnt you are running a Mac correct?

I switched my accounts to WC 3 days ago and have updated the accounts 6 times now... no duplicate transactions. I'm running Windows 10.
  • tbf47
    tbf47 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks

• tbf47
    tbf47 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options

Please post how you switch from DC to WC. Thank you

• gnphiker
    gnphiker Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @tbf47 said:
    > Please post how you switch from DC to WC. Thank you

I backed up my accounts, just in case something went array. Then deleted each DC account. Closed out and restarted Quicken, then re-setup the accounts but this time selecting the WC option in the process.
  • shdwmrchnt
    shdwmrchnt Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    DETAILED STEPS I USED:

You need to go to Tools, then Accounts on Quicken, then on each Cadence Account: Edit, then Online Services, middle tab. Deactivate each individual Cadence account. Allow time for each deactivation process to complete. Deactivate all Cadence account re: online services downloads.

Now go back to each Cadence account, Edit, General tab opens by default. Then delete the info on Financial Institution line and Account Number for each account.
    Go back to Tools, Accounts, all your Cadence accounts should now display 'Unavailable' under the Transaction Download tab.
    Restart Quicken.

Go to Tools, Add Account. Search for Cadence Bank, you will have 4 choices, choose:
    Cadence Bank WC. My option was at the top of the list. If you have Security options on your phone app, it will prompt you to get by text or email a 6 digit code and enter it to confirm your identity.

Once connected, your accounts will be displayed, match each Cadence account on this download display to your Quicken named accounts so they will populate appropriately when you finish. You need to click on toggle to match instead of blindly Downloading to quicken. If you do it correctly, each option will be reduced by one as you match your accounts. Viola!

Good Luck, Standing By.
  • shdwmrchnt
    shdwmrchnt Member ✭✭
    Options
    Sorry just read question re Computer type.

I am running Windows, Quicken for Windows on a Mac via Parallels.

The Mac version of Quicken leaves somethings to be desired.
  • tbf47
    tbf47 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I am glad you said that about MAC version. I have tried it twice. You have put it well. "It leaves something to be desired." thanks for the info I am about to give it a go. I will let you know.

• tbf47
    tbf47 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Giving it a lash now.

• tbf47
    tbf47 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

So far so good. Many Thanks.

• shdwmrchnt
    shdwmrchnt Member ✭✭
    Options
    @tbf47 and @gnphiker. I am running Quicken Windows, Windows 10 on a Mac. So I'm running the Window version of Quicken. My instructions above are for Windows people.
  • gnphiker
    gnphiker Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @shdwmrchnt said:
    > @tbf47 and @gnphiker. I am running Quicken Windows, Windows 10 on a Mac. So I'm running the Window version of Quicken. My instructions above are for Windows people.

I'm running Windows 10. So far 5 days and zero problems doing updates.
  • tbf47
    tbf47 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@shdwmrchnt Changed the account access to Cadence WC. Seems to be working. The only difference so far is bill payments queued up at the bank are not downloaded to Quicken yet. Normally, the moment I ok a bill to be paid the anticipated payments that are in the queue to be sent at a later date is downloaded to Quicken with a ⚡️in the check number field. I am anticipating the transactions will be sent to Quicken when they are processed as paid. Thanks

• shdwmrchnt
    shdwmrchnt Member ✭✭
    Options
    I use bill pay on my phone app. Keep me posted, I will reach out to my 'IT" banker tomorrow to see how it works with his WC downloads.
    Standing By.
  • tbf47
    tbf47 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I received a call from Candence I.T. The rep said they have a fix to the duplicate transaction issue using Cadence DC. The Rep said to get a backup of your file. Then, perform the transaction update using Candence DC and be prepared for duplicates. Delete the duplicates. Updates after the 1st one should be correct. F.Y.I. I HAVE NOT TRIED THIS YET. I will try it today, given the time.

• tbf47
    tbf47 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have completed the switch back to Candence DC. It went smoothly. I have not experience any duplicates……..yet. Hope this helps.

Hopefully this closes this issue (for now)….

• gnphiker
    gnphiker Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @tbf47 said:
    > I have completed the switch back to Candence DC. It went smoothly. I have not experience any duplicates……..yet. Hope this helps.
    >
    > Hopefully this closes this issue (for now)….

Thanks!! So far no duplicate transactions after updating accounts to DC.
  • gnphiker
    gnphiker Member ✭✭
    Options
    Well I updated my DC Accounts tonight and they duplicated some of the transactions. :s
  • shdwmrchnt
    shdwmrchnt Member ✭✭
    Options
    I saw that @gnphiker and @tbf47 switched back to DC.

I have remained on WC as a counterpoint experience. No duplicates, no issues since I switched over to WC.

Good luck, Standing By.
  • gnphiker
    gnphiker Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @shdwmrchnt said:
    > I saw that @gnphiker and @tbf47 switched back to DC.
    >
    > I have remained on WC as a counterpoint experience. No duplicates, no issues since I switched over to WC.
    >
    > Good luck, Standing By.

I've ran updates 3 times since the one incidence of it downloading duplicates for 3 different transactions the one time and it hasn't downloaded any duplicates... fingers crossed :|
  • tbf47
    tbf47 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@shdwmrchnt

How long were you on Windows Quicken and how long have you been using Quicken for Mac? What if any was the 2 or 3 prominent differences you had to become accustomed. Thanks …. PS.. I am still on DC with no additional issues….

This discussion has been closed.