Duplicate Transactions in Download

Options
13»

Answers

• shdwmrchnt
    shdwmrchnt Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have been on Windows Quicken since at least 1995. I run Quicken Windows version on my Mac with a Windows OS (10) via Parallels Virtual Machine.

I tried the Mac version 10+ years ago.....migrating all my data was a non-starter. That may be better now.
    Have NOT tried Mac Version recently.

I also have always done my own taxes with Turbo Tax, including the Turbo Tax software for Business (which used to only be available on Windows platform). All integrates well through my Virtual Windows software..... I don't actually have a Windows Computer.

Glad DC is working for you.
  • gnphiker
    gnphiker Member ✭✭
    Options
    Latest update: I've updated daily and have had multiple transactions, including Bill Pay and all have update without any duplicates. So for this week it's working as normal.
  • gnphiker
    gnphiker Member ✭✭
    Options
    Another update: updated the accounts this evening and it duplicated 4 transaction's in my Savings Account.
  • tbf47
    tbf47 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Have you had a successful (nondupicate)update for this account ?

Windows 10 * Quicken Premier user.

Quicken user since 198x something. Started with Quicken for DOS 5.X

• shdwmrchnt
    shdwmrchnt Member ✭✭
    Options
    @tbf47 I have, but I switched to WC a bit ago, no duplicates since transition. However I had to do 1 time corrections re:updated balances on 4 of 9 accounts. But, I have undergone 2 bank acquisitions prior to Cadence, so these were 'legacy' accounts and some transactions may have been 'miss allocated' years ago...as accounts were migrated.

I suspect that the 'random' assignment of ID numbers regarding individual transactions (DC downloads) is not completely vetted/corrected. See @gnphiker comments above.

That said, otherwise really like the mobile interface for my accounts and this is the first real challenge regarding Quicken downloads/software interface that I have encountered. Been with Summit/Bancorp South/Cadence for over 12 years.

Standing By.
  • gnphiker
    gnphiker Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @tbf47 said:
    > Have you had a successful (nondupicate)update for this account ?

I've experienced the duplicating transactions twice now. I've updated my 3 accounts multiple times since then and it hasn't duplicated any transactions.
  • tbf47
    tbf47 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes. I have had zero duplicates in the updates.

• gnphiker
    gnphiker Member ✭✭
    Options
    Update: I'm still having issues with just my Savings account posting duplicate deposit transactions. Go figure!
  • tbf47
    tbf47 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@gnphiker Are you using Quicken for MAC?

• gnphiker
    gnphiker Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @tbf47 said:
    > @gnphiker Are you using Quicken for MAC?

Nope, Windows 10.
  • gnphiker
    gnphiker Member ✭✭
    Options
    They obviously still have some kinda issue to resolve. My CD deposit from 3 months ago just updated the same deposit amount.
  • tbf47
    tbf47 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@gnphiker How much attention do you think Quicken gives to this forum? Is there a better way to get their attention?

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The best way to bring issues to Quicken's attention is to contact Support.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• tbf47
    tbf47 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

Your probably correct. My issue is we go through the exercise of them being predisposed that the problem is the users desk top. Then nothing is done when it turns out it is not the PC. If this is a windows setting or a internet priority access setting they should know. i would love to know what they are actually are running theirs on.

This has to be either be in the Q program or an odd setting in one of multitude of windows 10 platforms.

• shdwmrchnt
    shdwmrchnt Member ✭✭
    Options
    Maybe @tbf47 and @gnphiker you guys missed the update notes recently posted on a recent Quicken update months ago, I forget which version.
    One of the recent updates now allow all users to choose which update platform/type they use to download with, this includes any type offered by the banking entity when you 'set up' your download preferences, ie: DC (direct connect) or WC. Cadence has 4 different choices when you reset your account download preference.
    I believe this is a Cadence software issue, not Quicken, at least if you use Windows. I've switched to WC with zero issues months ago for Cadence. I don't think the Cadence IT department is capable of 'fixing' the DC duplicate download issue.
    I believe Quicken finally realized this and gave all of us the choice to choose any download platform/type that works for each of our Computers and Banking institutions. I download from 3 different Banks/Investment firms, I have a mixture of DC and WC download preferences.
    Note: I've only had to change Cadence to WC, no issues so far with any others.
  • tbf47
    tbf47 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think he has tried it both ways. my Candence is doing ok. My issues are long wait time for Quicken program launch, one step update and various other interactions.

• shdwmrchnt
    shdwmrchnt Member ✭✭
    Options
    Sorry @tbf47, I misunderstood. I assume you are on latest Quicken update. Search your issue in support separate from this thread.....You will likely find another group with similar issues. That's how I got here!

Good Luck.
  • tbf47
    tbf47 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks. I have gotten no relief from the program delayed responses to various actions. I believe it to be a Windows setting Quicken has failed to adjust to. Today, I wrote Windows and asked for help. Quicken Staff are not interested in digging to find the problem. The problem is not my hardware. They act like they don't understand it is the Quicken acclamation to Windows.

• gnphiker
    gnphiker Member ✭✭
    Options

I've never got a response back from Cadence. Oddly this morning I ran an update and there's $540 worth of past deposits not showing up in my Savings account.

• tbf47
    tbf47 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

That is odd. Have you spoken with the I.T. at the Cadence? I have gotten response doing that.

• gnphiker
    gnphiker Member ✭✭
    Options

Twice I've contacted them and no response back either time.

This discussion has been closed.